I'll Be Waiting

Chapter 49

Tristan

It's at times like these I wish euthanasia was an option. Once my parents got exactly what they wanted the visits from my mother stopped. And I was left alone with my thoughts.

Every. Depressing. Miserable. Deprecating. Thought.

Today's nightmare fantasy was Claire moving on and forgetting me like a distant memory slowly fading in the back of her mind. Claire would wind up with some douchebag that didn't appreciate her enough and entrap her with some kids forcing her to stay with some miserable dildo for the best years of her life. If I had to be honest with myself I much rather watch her get gangbanged.

"Tish? Tish!?" I opened my eyes to see Katie sneaking into my room carefully shutting the door behind her. If I could smile I would. It was a pink day for her; pink tank top, pink skirt, pink heels. Too much. "How are you feeling?"

Like I was shot, kept heavily sedated and I have a tube down my throat.

"That was stupid I'm sorry", Katie said sitting down next to me. " I've been trying to come visit you but Mom and Dad have been adamant about you needing rest. I just needed to see that you were okay with my own eyes".

Hhmm...

When push came to shove Katie was truly a good person. She honestly cared about me. She always has. Even though I could never truly repay the favor. Only two people in my life have made me emotionally attached to them; Claire and my grandfather. And not even truly my grandfather because when push came to shove I killed him easily. Maybe, not even Claire. I was prepared to watch her die on that train track but at the last minute I regain my sanity.

I never heard Katie before at least not physically I hurt her feelings because I appreciated distance and privacy. Two words that meant nothing to Katie. "I know you probably want to be left alone..", not this time. I had no idea what day it was. But even I the starting to miss the company of others. And fantasies of Claire and killing my parents only got me so far. "But, I wouldn't want to be alone right now".

No, she wouldn't.

If the roles were reversed I would make sure whoever hurt Katie would paid dearly. She would never know. But, the world would have been rid of one more vile person. If I ever walked again the first person I would be going after would be Vicki. I underestimated her and I let my excitement of Claire cloud my instincts. I let this build up over time. A mistake that will never happen again.

"Dad's all excited. He's going to run the company until you get better", if I get better. There was no way in hell I was ever going to get better if it meant me standing in the way of my father getting everything he had ever wanted: Grayson oil. I would be stuck in this bed until my last day. "Mom's thinking about throwing a party. I'm not sure how I feel about it".

I know she's dead to me as a person. In public June has always been the perfect mother. But behind closed doors and once you really got to know her she was chasing the fantasy of her younger years. When everything was new and exciting in her life. Now all she has is a withered husk of bittermint and years of youth wasted. "I found a nanny for Wyatt. He's growing beautifully".

It's only been a couple days so I would hope so.

I blinked just to let her know I was paying attention to what she said.

There was a knock at the door before it was quickly open. Dammit. Out of the three nurses I had I knew each one of them were being paid by my parents to keep people away. "Sorry ma'am, visiting hours for Mr. Greyson are being cut short. We need to move him to a long care facility".