♡•40•♡

Chapter 40
Aaron's Year

"Through the eyes of the victim, we see loneliness as one"

Month 1

My head was pounding as my thoughts now questioning the things around me.

I guess my endless slumber that imprisoned me had ended and the light I once saw, had came to this moment.

Everything around me that I could normal was a blur. I could doctors on each side of my bed and then my my parents running towards my bedside.

A small smile appeared on my parents faces as their son had just woken up from the nightmare he's been living in for the past few months of darkness and loneliness.

"How . . . doing?"

My father questioned the doctors as they looked at each other and a few glances at my heart monitor, carefully examining the green line.

"He's . . . fine"

I blink a couple times trying to examine the surroundings around me.

I'm not familiar with these surroundings but I know these surroundings could tell something different but I can't put my finger on it.

I glance at my father who seemed busy talking to the doctors and then another glance at my mother who was talking to Melissa.

I glanced down at myself only being taken in surprise by how many bandages I was covered in along with a lot of other things I couldn't name.

I only wanted this to end.

Month 2

"How do you feel?"

I looked up, locking eye contact with Melissa who was standing beside me in her usual formal clothing.

"Terrible"

I groan in frustration as I couldn't do anything aside from wasting my time in a stupid bed.

"What are you even doing here, anyways?"

"Dad asked me to see how you were doing and now that I've come, I've should have know you were gonna respond with something obvious" She laughs.

I laugh along with her as I also question her outfit with I shouldn't because she usually dress in formal clothing but I haven't seen that until right now.

"What are you doing all dress up?" Her body became stiff at my question as I glance up at her.

"Are you going to tell me or just stand there like an idiot who's questioning her life decisions?" I laughed at own comment towards her as she glares at me.

"Promise you won't say anything?" I nodded at head as she kneels down beside me.

"I was going to go visit Aphmau for a month to see how she was doing as a replacement of you"

"Why tell me I wouldn't say anything about this?"

"Dad, that's why" It became silent for a moment until Melissa broke the silence between us.