♡•44•♡

Chapter 44
I Like You

"Even some can learn and accept their feelings for others"

"Okay, Aphmau. You can do this. Just tell him how you feel and—" I stop mid-sentence understanding what I just said.

But I can't. I don't want our friendship to end because of something I said. What if he rejects me? What happens if we stop being friends after this? I sigh.

What am I going to do? I can't ignore my feelings for him, he's always been there for me and I know we had already agreed we would wait to become more than friends but that feeling inside of me didn't stop burning inside of me.

We agreed that we would wait and that would be the end of our discussion. Usually, we would be talking about something else to distract us from the conversation.

But I can't help the way I feel about him. He's always so gentle with me, and it makes me feel special that he's only like with me. I constantly get reminded of my feelings for him. It happens every time we're around each other.

I sigh, maybe I should stop talking to myself before I came too flustered and start heading towards Aaron's. I grabbed my belongings and locked the door behind me, walking onto the sidewalk as I got a clear view of Aaron's house on the opposite side of the street.

I can do this. But, what if he rejects me? I mean, I've dealt with rejection before it's just, I really like Aaron. I've never really felt this way about anyone but I don't want my feelings to get in the way of our friendship.

I pushed the doorbell as I stepped away from the door, clenching my hands together. The sound of the front door had open, I smiled at his gaze as he smiled back at me.

He invited me to come inside as I gladly accepted his offer. I sat down on his couch, quietly tapping my foot against the ground. I put my belongings down beside me, curling my fingers around each other as my heart started speeding up against my chest.

Just tell him how you feel.

In the corner of eye, I could see him coming towards the couch. I stayed quiet as I felt the couch weigh down beside me. My heart pressing up against my chest, making it harder to breathe each second.

Thump, thump, thump.

"Sorry about that, I had to care of something real quick," I nodded my head as the silence between us grew. The only sound playing in the background was the television. I glanced over at Aaron who's eyes were glued the television.

Just tell him how you feel.

"I-I'm going to use the restroom real quick. I'll be right back," I reply, standing up from the couch. Aaron nodded his head as I quickly ran out of the room, closing the bathroom door behind me.

I sighed, firmly to myself. My palms met both sides of the sink. My fingers wrapped around the sides as another heavy sigh escaped from my mouth.

Just tell him how you feel.

The thought constantly grew louder inside my head, pounding on each side as the thought became too heavy to handle. I stepped away from the sink, looking back into the mirror as I grabbed the doorknob before exiting the bathroom.