♡•14•♡

Chapter 15
Why Her?

"Stop looking for happiness in the same place you lost it"

Aphmau

All I can do is wait. Wait for that time to tick down from one number to the next number. I sit myself down on the bed and wait. Every since we saw Jenny, Aaron has been spending time with her and it's been annoying just to hear Aaron talk all about her when he gets back. Most times I space out until he's done talking and pretend like I was listening when I wasn't.

He's gone all day and when he returns, it's already late. I wish this could all end but I won't. I cried myself to sleep thinking how all of this went to hell. I wish Aaron would just spend time with me instead of her. . .

I eyes awaken with felt like forever. Of course, Aaron is already gone to go hangout with Jenny. Sometimes, I'd wish we never met her. I get dressed and head downstairs when everyone else is gather. I see everyone turn their eyes on me when I enter. I get the usual "good morning's" or even "where's Aaron?" I tell them that he'll be back and they agree. I see the parents in the kitchen making breakfast and everyone seems to left me out. I wish I had someone to talk to.

"Hey Aphmau" I hear a spunky voice coming from behind me. I turn to see Melissa greeting me.

"Hey Melissa. . ." Melissa grows suspicious I see doesn't hear the usual tone of voice from me.

"Are you okay?" Her voice goes down a bit from her spunk.

"Yeah, why would I? I lie and laugh a bit.

"It's just your voice doesn't sound the same as usual times. . . Is something wrong?"

"Nothing wrong, Melissa" I try to lead her our that I was fine but I really wasn't.

"Aphmau, what's really wrong? You don't sound like your normal self" She tries to bring me out of my lying.

"I told you Melissa, I'm fine there's nothing wrong" I felt my voice go up a bit.

"C'mon Aphmau, you're not fooling anyone. I know you're lying, tell me what's wrong" She grabs my hand but I jerk away and turn away.

"Nothing wrong! Now leave me alone!" I screamed at her. She seems shocked when I screamed at her. I turn away and run away into my bedroom. I slid down the door and cried. I didn't mean to do that, I just couldn't control myself. Minutes later, I hear a knock on the door.

"Go away" I said to the knock.

"Aphmau" I hear Melissa. Her voice turn down a lot from when she greeted me.

"What do you want?" I said coldly.

"Can I come in?" She wanted to come in? After I screamed at her?

"Why?"

"I wanted to apologize for what I did" After hearing that, I stood up and let her in. She came in with a look of concern. I understand why when she looks at my eyes.

"Were you crying?"

"N-No" I turn away.

"Aphmau, I'm sorry for what I did and I know if you don't want to talk about it but I'm here for you if you need it" I looked back at her and hugged her. She seems surprised but hugged me back.