♡•48•♡

FOURTY-EIGHT

Aaron had stepped inside of his car, slamming the door behind him as he banged his head against the wheel as it had been another long day at work.

He sighed, knowing his father wasn't going to admit what he did wrong in the past should have stayed in the past and not be pushed towards the future.

Along with having to deal with his father, Aaron felt as if he was being watched all throughout the work day as every little thing he had messed up on seemed to tick his father.

Derek wanted nothing in Aaron's way as anything could screw up his potential to replacing his father once he retires but Aaron wanted nothing to do with his stupid business.

"She's the reason I'm still here today! She's the only person still holding onto me!"

It made Derek confused out of all the opportunities he had to work somewhere else, Aaron decided to work for his father instead and used this information to his advantage when he had ticked Aaron off.

Aaron was already fed up with his father's behavior but now, using him to his advantage only shows how manipulative his father had grew over the years Aaron had been gone.

"and what happens when she's lets go?"

He pulled his head away from the wheel, slipping his hand slowly inside his pocket, pulling out his phone.

He turned on his phone, pressing on the power button as his gaze locked with the notifications on the lock screen.

10:45 PM
Wednesday, November 4

Baby💜                                                            5h ago
Aaron, where are you? You're normally back home by now.

Baby💜                                                            5h ago
I hope you're doing alright, I love you.

Baby💜                                                             5h ago
The bed is so cool without you here, I just want my cuddles.

Aaron chuckled at the last message he had received from his girlfriend, placing his phone back into pocket before turning the vehicle on and driving off.

The radio station played quiet in the background as he passed the rows of streets lights reflecting off the car windshield and the moon in the far distance lighting up the night sky.

"can't hold that shit against you."

His grip around the stirring wheel had tighten, thinking about the conversation he had earlier with his father which only sent Aaron into rage, making his eyes unsettle between the tones of dark red.

A few cars had passed by him as he continued down the road, turning left onto the neighborhood. His gaze had met the large two-story house not too far in the distance, turning onto the driveway of the house.

The vehicle had stopped in front of the house, the headlights turned off and silence had taken over.

He leaned himself against the driver seat, reaching inside his back pocket for his phone.

He pressed the power button on the side of his phone once more as there was more messages left on the lock screen.

10:54 PM
Wednesday, November 4