♡•45•♡

𝗼 𝗻 𝗲 𝘀 𝗵 𝗼 𝘁 𝟰 𝟱  |  𝗮 𝗻 𝗴 𝘀 𝘁

I turned for what felt like the millionth time in my bed, causing the blankets on top of me to become more undone.

I peered at windowsill covered by the curtains, and the moon peeking through them. the moon's light was casted in a brightly glow around my usually dark room.

I was exhausted, and two hours ago I snuggled into my sheets in hopes of having an undisturbed rest. I sighed frustratingly and sat upright, hugging my lightly-colored-purple sheets to my chest.

Something was nagging me in the back of mind but I refused to listen to it. Getting lost in my thoughts could be extremely dangerous if I wasn't careful of where my mind wandered.

I climbed out of bed and slipped into my fluffy socks. I examined my brightly-dim room covered by the moon and it's light showing through the curtains and the sound of crickets hiding in the darkness of the night.

I walked over to my nightstand, which had my phone connected to the charger and a couple of books stacked on top of each other.

I saw something being behind my nightstand which was a medium-sized box, almost entirely covered by darkness. It had become unnoticed when I was redecorating my room, but now it caught my interest.

I shrugged; I really didn't have anything else to do. I grabbed the box, brushed the dust off of it and opened it up.

A pool of nostalgia washed over me as my old stick figures drawings, diaries and schoolwork greeted me. I removed each of the items one by one.

As I picked an item up, the memory behind it consumed my mind, fresh as a daisy, as if it had always been trapped inside the box for years.

My fingers traced around the papers, shoving them off an old diary that hadn't been touched in years. It wouldn't hurt to take a sneak peak at it, right?

I started paging through the book, and all the old feelings came back.

a year ago, I met a guy named FC. We met through an online game that it was hard to believe that such a small greetings brought us to become close, tight-knitted friends.

we didn't have much understanding of each other until we met face-to-face in the music room of Phoenix Drop High, the same high school we happened to go to.

He was the senior everyone feared and I was the freshman who became friends with the person everyone feared.

Everyone knew not to mess with him but deep down, I knew he hid his true emotions through violence.

We became closer with each other and wanted to become more but we knew it couldn't happen.

he moved away to college, which apparently, in his books, meant that our special bond had moved away, too.

He completely shut me out of his life, whereas I wanted nothing more than for him and me to just speak again.

I tried multiple times to contact him but he never responded, let alone read the messages I left him.

I'm now a junior, ready to become a senior and embrace my last year of high school before college. It's been two years since either of us decided to start up a conversation.

I thought it was best to move on, but sometimes it was difficult. How could I just instantly forget all the times we shared together?

He'd tell me all his insecurities and thoughts and I would tell him my secrets and desires. I saw him at his worse and yet I still managed to understand and accept him.

He saw me at my worst and yet, he still guided me. I frowned at my squiggly handwriting.

They all basically repeated themselves; I am so madly in love with him and I want to be more than friends.

It was a stupid fantasy of mine. I knew it never would've worked out; he never committed to anything.

I decided to switch on my phone and listen to music to distract myself, but even the songs reminded me of him. I huffed and threw my phone on my bed angrily.

I unexpectedly started crying. This always happened when my thoughts spiralled out of my control. I wasn't just crying; I was sobbing.

Anyone could've picked up the held-back emotion and pain hidden in my tears. I brought my hand to my mouth as I started sobbing loudly and hyperventilating.

"L-Look at wh-what you've done," I whispered to myself, between gulps of air,

"We were n-never meant to work out. ." I looked at my ceiling, covered by the moonlight.

"R-Right, uni-universe? Is this. . really our fate?"
I exhaled as the worst of my flooding of tears subsided.

I grabbed my phone and pressed the off button. I was about to confirm, but then a message pop up on top of my screen as a notification.

I clicked on the notification and saw a blue circle beside the contract number.

I checked my messages to see who had contacted me. I dropped my phone back on my bed after reading it.

Hey Shu, it's been awhile.

Word Count: 886

I'm sorry if this
oneshot was terrible.

Thanks For Reading,
Peggy (The Author)