♡•46•♡

𝗼 𝗻 𝗲 𝘀 𝗵 𝗼 𝘁  𝟰 𝟲  | 𝗮 𝗻 𝗴 𝘀 𝘁

"I'm tired, I'm hot and I'm scared! Don't you understand that? Do you even know what type of situation I'm in?! What we're in?!" she yelled, anger and fatigue coursing through her. Tears leaking down her face, the pain too much to bear with anymore.

The more she yelled, the more the pain grew inside of her. Her body couldn't take the yelling she threw around the room, it almost felt like her body was about to collapse at any moment she took.

The next thing she knew she was screaming but it didn't help, in fact nothing helped. She thought by screaming it would untie that forever-clenching knot in her stomach or somehow make the weight on her shoulders of fear and anger and pain just disappear.

It didn't.

With pain thudding inside her skull, and hot tears running down her face, it made everything even worse.

He grew sick — sick at the thought she wouldn't make it through the night because of how much pain she was in. He couldn't take the screaming but he needed to be with her. He didn't care how many times she pushed him away, he needed to be here for her.

She couldn't process anything. Not what he was saying, not that she was being hold against her words and being shaken, or anything. She was too far-gone. And the scary thing was that he didn't know how far she had gone.

The last thing she remembered was someone softly chanting: "Don't be scared. It's going to be okay, it's going to be okay."

The first thing she felt was the pillow she laid her head on and the headache which pounded against her brain like a hammer to skull which most people like to referred to.

She was exhausted and weak. Everything seemed too quiet for it to be morning already. She felt a hand stroking her hair and another palm holding one of her hands, their thumb skimming her knuckles.

Someone was mumbling lyrics to a forgotten song under his breath. She had an idea of who it was. Processing all these things in a matter of seconds she jolted, causing the person who was comforting her to tense.

Her eyes snapped open and looked up, their eyes met, hers already filled to the brim with tears. She shut them tightly, causing the tears to stain her lashes and trickle down her face. Her breathing became hitched and shaky as she turned her body, now facing him.

"Aaron.. I'm so sorry.." she wept, covering her face with her free hand.

"It's not your fault," he whispered, resuming the action of brushing the strands of hair out away from her face. She shook her head, and used her arm to prop herself up. She felt him grab her elbow and pulled her up in a sitting position.

With slight hesitation she leaned into his chest, shaking even more as he stroked one of her hands with his thumb. She sobbed, pressing her head against his collarbone.

He held her securely in his arms, still murmuring the forgotten song. "I'm sorry." she mumbled, her voice barely audible. He shook his head, "Don't be, it's going to be okay."

She suddenly clutched his hand, still trembling. He pulled away, trying to get a look at her face. She kept her head down, her mind a million miles away.

Begging silently for a reaction, anything to know that she was still with him, and to comfort her his free hand softly caressed her cheek and slipped all the way down to the nape of her neck.

She didn't notice, too tangled in her thoughts. Their eyes met again, hers filled with fear and sadness. His filled with compassion and worry.

"You won't leave me, right?" she croaked, her voice creaked as she spoke to him; she grew fear inside of her that sticked to her stomach as an empty feeling that wouldn't leave.

She always has this remote fear that he would leave her to fend for herself after everything they've been through. It was ridiculous to thing in such a way, but it didn't make it any less true.

He nodded, "Of course not baby," he replied, "I'm staying right here by your side no matter what." She nodded in response, curling up against him.

"Thank you."

Word Count: 740

I hope you enjoyed
my terrible writing :))

Thanks For Reading,
Peggy (The Author)