Chapter 42 - LOLLY AND DEAN

Chapter 42

'He has achieved success who has lived well, laughed often, and loved much;
Who has enjoyed the trust of pure women, the respect of intelligent men and the love of little children; Who has filled his niche and accomplished his task; Who has never lacked appreciation of Earth's beauty or failed to express it; Who has left the world better than he found it, Whether an improved poppy, a perfect poem, or a rescued soul; Who has always looked for the best in others and given them the best he had; Whose life was an inspiration; Whose memory a benediction. Life will break you. Nobody can protect you from that, and living alone won't either, for solitude will also break you with its yearning. You have to love. You have to feel. It is the reason you are here on earth. You are here to risk your heart. You are here to be swallowed up. And when it happens that you are broken, or betrayed, or left, or hurt, or death brushes near, let yourself sit by an apple tree and listen to the apples falling all around you in heaps, wasting their sweetness. Tell yourself you tasted as many as you could.'

❤❤❤❤ LOLLY AND DEAN ❤❤❤❤

Continuation from the last episode:

"Hey that was a mistake which I will never repeat again, I agree with you on this one, am a big moron." Tharollin said with a raised eyebrows, anger forgotten. The words surprised Rae and Lillian whose mouth was opened. Did she hear the devil's son well? Did he just called himself moron? Lillian thought.

"So you are admitting you did wrong by opening the Gate of Darkness skull man?" Rae asked, she thought the skull man, her father to be, would throw back insults on her and get angry when she had called him a big moron, but surprisingly enough, he did the opposite.

"Yes, I foolishly opened the Gate." Tharollin said. He has every right to be angry at his new found daughter with her rude words, but with what he had seen before when he had confronted her in the Mer-clan Kingdoms, his argument ceased in his throat. And now he knows she was his daughter, he wants to get on her good side.

"Even though you admitted your wrong, I won't forgive you skull man. My mother is frozen at the front of the Gate because of your selfish unexplained desire…. skull man." Rae said with a huff in the air.

"I know and I am ... sorry. I wasn't thinking by that time, if I had actually believed your mother, my soulmate, all these things wouldn't have happened. But it is now in the past and I will try to make it up to you and Avonmora, it is a promise." Tharollin said in honesty.

"You are still not forgiven." Rae said stubbornly, though she bear no grudges against the skull man, but you know her, since the man has escaped from the argument she has been preparing for which wasn't forthcoming, so she decided to spice things up with her pretending anger at him.

What he did was wrong, but it is all in the past now. She wouldn't blame him when he didn't believe her mother of being pregnant with her because her grandmother had told her once that Demons hardly bear children.

They should be looking for a way to remove her mother from her frozen state.

"It won't be easy to forgive Rae but I can't change the past even if I want to." Tharollin said, he was truly sorry. "I know you hate the sight of me by now for what I did a thousand years ago, and for that, I am deeply sorry for all you might have been through. I should have listened to Avonmora when she told me about her pregnancy." Tharollin added. "But I paid deaf ears to it."

"Whatever skull man, when are you releasing my mother since you are the one who had put her in such a position in the first place?" Rae demanded pretending to be angry.

"That is why I am here." Tharollin said and move over to where Rae is. "I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me one day Rae." He added with a genuine smile.