Chapter 17 - FALLING IN LOVE WITH RAE

Chapter 17

'Stubbornness is like setting yourself on a path with your eyes closed. In other words, you are not seeing and listening for information that is available to help you make the right decisions. The primary information you are missing is information from others and information from your own internal voice. Life lives, life dies. Life laughs, life cries. Life gives up and life tries. But life looks different through everyone’s eyes.'

❤❤❤❤ FALLING IN LOVE WITH RAE ❤❤❤❤

"You will cut it off?"
Tamara laughed wickedly at Rae's comment.

"You don't know my dream girl." Tamara said with a smile.

"And I don't wish to know it. If you came all the way here just to touch my hands, am afraid your coming here is useless." Rae said and moved closer to Tamara, nearly touching her, the Priestess was taller than her by inch. "Why would the gods ask you to check on only witches and not the rest of our supernaturals, why would they do that?" Rae said prying into the eyes of Tamara. "Or are you hiding something, because to me, I see a conspiracy in this, prove me wrong oh high and mighty priestess." Rae bowed her head mockery at the priestess.

Tamara was livid in anger as she stared down on Rae, she saw why her daughter had given her the task to deal with this witch girl. She had thought she would intimate her with her mere presence, but she wasn't expecting it to go this way.

"Rae! Show some respect for the priestess." Lillian said to Rae with pleading eyes.

"I am grandma, but she doesn't appreciate it." Rae said with a shrugged shoulders.

"Y-yo-yo-"

"Oh is the high and mighty Priestess of the gods speechless now?" Rae asked her with a smile as she turned to face her grandmother, flipping her hair backwards with her hand, she makes sure it wiped Tamara's face since she was near her. "Please grandma, remind me once again why the priestess is here again?" Rae said with a singing tone as she flipped her hair once again to stare at Tamara's face.

Lillian rolled her eyes, Rae is impossible.

"I can see I am not welcome in your home Lillian, I will take my leave now." Tamara said cleaning her mouth on where Rae's hair had touched, glaring dangerously at the girl. "You will soon hear from the king." Tamara said and move closer to Rae, bending her head to Rae's height, their noses nearly touching. "Then we shall see who the King favour." Tamara added and vanished before Rae will reply back.

Stretching her neck as she stands to her full height, Lillian looked at Rae in amusement. Her fears about Tamara finding out who Rae is, wasn't discovered yet, thank the gods she gave Rae the bracelet in time before the un-announcement of the priestess.

"Rae, I think Tamara is scared of you, you were a badass to her, and the scary big cat got scared of the little rat, that she wants to report you to the king." Lillian said with a smile.

"What will she say to the king?" Rae said and cleared her throat to speak. "King Roen a little riffraff insulted me and I don't want her to get away with it, it will tarnish my image." Rae said in Tamara's voice.

They were silent for a moment before dissolving into laughter, clutching their stomachs as they laugh.

"I can picture her face right now Rae as she tells the 'King'." Lillian said in between laughs. "But on a more serious note, why aren't you scared of her?" Lillian asked, she was a witch and people who knows her late daughter and husband knows them to be very quiet couple who doesn't have time to be looking for trouble like Rae does.

"You've always taught me that the eagle has no fear of adversity grandma. We need to be like the eagle and have a fearless spirit of a conqueror, I followed it and see myself not getting scared of anything or anyone." Rae said as if it was a normal thing. "Besides that is how I gain the trust and respect from Jorkallun." Rae added with a smile as she remembers the pretty red haired boy.