Chapter 12 - SELENA

Chapter 12

'We're all ghosts. We all carry inside us, people who came before us. When we illuminate the road back to our ancestors, they have a way of reaching out, of manifesting themselves...sometimes even physically, We are bound to our ancestors and to those who made us, whether we want to be or not. What matters is what we make of what we are.'

💖💖💖💖SELENA (THE GODDESS OF MERMAIDS) 💝💝💝💝

"What!?" Rae shouted on what she heard the strange beautiful mermaid utter. "Whose ancestors are you talking about?"

"Yours of course." The beautiful mermaid answered.

"You're mistaking me for someone else, I am from the witch Kingdom, not a mermaid Kingdom, in fact my grandmother is the queen of witches. I was told your kind were wiped out to close down the Gate of Darkness years ago." Rae said and then remembered her conversation she had with her grandmother about the last mermaid. "Oh, I see that you are the last mermaid my granny had told me about, right?"

The beautiful mermaid shook her head. "No, I have already told you who I am." Selena said.

Rae was surprised, she thought the mermaid was the mermaid queen daughter. If she isn't, then this mermaid she is seeing here is a different one and her life might be in danger.

"Then if you are not Avonmora's daughter, do you know if any other creatures apart from me sees you, you are a goner." Rae said.

"Why would you say that?" Selena asked.

"Because they are looking for the last mermaid to sacrifice, so that the Gate of Darkness will close forever." Rae explained. "That was what they did to the rest of you."

"Well like I said before, I am your ancestors Rae, and no one can hurt me." Selena said smiling.

"And I have told you that you are not my ances-" Rae began to say but stopped as she looked at the mermaid in pure shock. "How did you know my name is Rae?" She demanded.

"Well, how I came to know about your name, is a secret. I am your friend Rae, I will not hurt you." Selena said with a smile as she went on splashing her tail into the water.

"But why would you say you're my ancestors when I am a witch." Rae asked confusedly.

"The secret you asked Lillian not to reveal to you yet is part of it." Selena said.

Rae was shocked to her bones when she heard that. "How come you get to know everything? Are you a witch mermaid or something related to that?" Rae asked now suspicious of the beautiful mermaid splashing the water inside the cave.

Selena laughed out loud. "No, we are healers. Come and sit down with me." Selena added tapping at a dry up space beside her.

"In that dark water cave?" Rae ask staring at the dark water. What if something was hidden beneath the dark water, and the creature will grab hold of her legs and eat them. She will be legless forever.

"Yes, nothing will eat your feet Rae, like I said before, I will not hurt you, I need you to sit with me to discuss." Selena said and went back to what she was doing.

Rae contemplate on it before making up her mind, after all, she was wearing her bracelet and one bad move from the mermaid, her grandmother will appear.

Removing her boots and rolling up her trouser higher to her knees, she walked the little distance between them and step one of her feet into dark water and waited for a minute, when nothing happened, she smiled and put the other leg inside, and sat down on the dry space.