Chapter 10 - A SUPRISE VISIT

Chapter 10

💖 💝
'The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassions, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen. The greatest healing therapy is friendship and love.'

💖💖💖💖 A SURPRISE VISIT 💝💝💝💝

Continuation from Rae and Lillian:

"By the way granny, how come you know Avonmora gave birth to a daughter?" Rae asked. "Because you just told me not to tell anyone, which means you're the only one who know."

"That's because I don't want anyone to know about her existence therefore putting her in grave danger." Lillian responded. "Start eating your food before it gets cold." She added.

"You speak of Avonmora daughter as if you knew her whereabouts grandma." Rae said going back to her food and started eating.

"I don't know her whereabouts and even if I do, I won't revealed that to anyone."

"And why is that? If I were to be Avonmora's daughter, I will reveal myself to everyone. By my calculations, she is the last mermaid and a half demon, it's not everyday you see such species." Rae said

"What if she had found out her life would be in danger if she revealed herself, and decided to keep herself hidden." Lillian said. "If you are in her shoes won't you do the same Rae?"

"Well that depends on the kind of danger I find myself in which I am not at the moment, but if the danger is bigger than me, then I will hide ." Rae answered. "So what of danger can Avonmora daughter be hiding from, that would prevent her from showing herself?"

Lillian took a deep breath as she tried to come up with something intelligent, knowing Rae, she won't let the matter rest until she had gotten her answer. Rae was as stubborn as her father.

"You know that gate you saw, the Gate of Darkness." Lillian said to which Rae nodded her head. "Well, if Avonmora daughter is found, she shall be sacrificed and her blood used in closing the Gate Of Darkness forever. Tamara the priestess told the council of elders and everyone has been on the lookout to find the last mermaid. Though no one knows she is Avonmora daughter, they all assumed that they're looking for an ordinary mermaid."

"If that's the danger Avonmora daughter is, surely I will hide. But why would she revealed herself to you, I mean there are others out there she can choose to reveal herself to, why you?"

Another intelligent question.

"Well that's because her mother and I were good friends, that was why Avonmora confided in me when she was pregnant and perhaps, her daughter felt that same connection with me."

"Oh, so when I can see her?" Rae asked with hopes high, she would like to make friends with the last mermaid.

"Soon I guess, it's been long she revealed herself to me." Lillian lied quickly.

Rae didn't say anything afterwards, she continued her food and finished it at last.

"Don't worry about the plate my child, I will wash it, go and rest, you need." Lillian said as soon as Rae reaches for her empty plate.

"Thank you granny." Rae said, stood up from her seat and started going towards the staircase but stopped, turning to face her grandmother. "What happened to the mermaid kingdom?"

"It's still there but isolated. By now it must have grown into a forest since we were banned from going nearer to it."

"I guess it's the Priestess who also said that."