Chapter 9 - SECRETS AND THAROLLIN

Chapter 9

'Secrets are like scars. The cut may no longer be there, but the scar’s white line tells a story. Unless you share it, it’s like you’re hiding a part of yourself the whole world can already see. They may not know the how or the why, but they see it just the same. And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.'

❤❤❤❤ SECRETS AND THAROLLIN❤❤❤❤

Sarah turned to study Rae before turning back to Avonmora.

"Why do you say so?" Sarah asked curiously. "Avonmora had been like this for the past 1,000 years." She added.

"I don't know why I said that, but I am very sure that this frozen lady here, is much alive." Rae sounded so sure of herself. She could feel the strange tingles in her fingers, when she touched the woman's cheek, it wasn't icing as she had expected it to be, it was very warm. And her eyes, it speak of someone who had lost something. Rae leaned nearer to the face and stare at frozen eyes. Something doesn't seem right here and she was going to ask her mother to tell her more about this frozen woman.

"She is really beautiful." Rae said slowly studying the lady's face.

"Yes she is, my grandmother once told me that she was the most beautiful maiden in the entire Kingdoms." Sarah responded. Truly, Avonmora was beautiful.

Removing her hands from Avonmora cheek, facing her friend. "Come on, let's get out of here before someone sees us." Rae said.

"I was just waiting to hear that from you?" Sarah said with a smile as they walked out of there towards the gate. Rae turned for the last time to look at the frozen lady, she felt as if it was calling her to come back, her eyes said it all, for a moment, Rae had sworn that she saw a brief light that came out from the lady's eyes when she had touched her. Reaching the gate, Sarah locked it exactly the way it was and put the keys back inside her boots.

As the gate was locked, Rae felt as if a part of her were locked inside, she shook that feeling away and started thinking.

Sarah saw the look on Rae's face and decided to ask.

"What are you thinking?"

"Tharollin." Was Rae simply answer.

"Tharollin? What happened to him?" Sarah asked confusedly.

"Didn't your grandmother told you anything else concerning this demon king?"

"Nope, only that he betrayed the queen of mermaids, he broke the trust he had from Avonmora, I told you my grandmother forgets a lot of things so she couldn't remember." Sarah answered. "But I will tell you something, ask your grandmother, she was amongst the few who witnessed everything. My grandmother only heard hers from rumor, so if you want to know more about the demon King ask your grandmother, she is in the best position in telling you." Sarah added and they continue their journey back to the school.

"So where does this priestess of ours lives?"

"At the top of that mountain." Sarah answered and pointed at the highest mountain surrounding them.

Rae followed Sarah's finger and saw nothing at the top of the mountain she voice out her thoughts. "But I see no house or tent on it."

"Yeah, the priestess comes and goes like she wants. No one had actually know where she lived, we only know that she appeared from that mountain and disappeared at that same mountain." Sarah replied. By this time they were about to enter the school compound when Rae stops.