Chapter XCVII

A a l i y a h

Tonight me and Odell decided to go out to this karaoke dining place to eat or whatever since we tired ourselves out from Aiden's first birthday party

Tonight me and Odell decided to go out to this karaoke dining place to eat or whatever since we tired ourselves out from Aiden's first birthday party. I specifically told Odell we didn't need to go overboard since it was a party for a 1 year old but he went ahead and ordered six bouncy houses, go karts, some wild ass zoo animals and clowns. It's like the word theme completely left his head.

Overall my baby boy did enjoy himself though he wasn't too fond of the clowns and go karts. Me and Robyn over grown asses even got in the bouncy houses after kicking the kids out. Odell and his guys occupied the pool even though it wasn't that hot, but that's athletes for you. They take ice baths for a living.

Anyways, I wasn't completely done moving all my stuff back into Odell's house but he's trying to get everything back in order ASAP. Since he asked me to move back in with him that day I've been sleeping over at his house everyday, in the same bed and everything and it's not awkward at all.

Matter of fact me and Odell are comfortable with one another, a little too comfortable I should say being what we got caught doing when it was time to sing happy birthday two days ago. Good thing it was karrueche who walked in instead of my mama or heather.

The waiter led us to our table and handed us both menus "Thank you" We said in unison before he smiled and walked away.

I looked around and saw everyone giving the couple on stage their undivided attention while singing some old school song I didn't know anything about. It was nice in here though, you could clearly tell this was a soul restaurant "You've been here before?" I asked Odell.

"Nah I just like trying new restaurants and I thought the karaoke was nice, you gone get up there and sing something?" He nodded his head towards the small stage.

I chuckled "Only if you do the same"

"Ain't a thang to me" He said with a smirk "So have you spoken to Cassandra since everything that happened?" He suddenly asked and I sighed.

Cassie was with me the day she got a call and found out Bryson was involved in some kind of shoot out. I was shocked myself and even more shocked that somebody would be disrespectful enough to do that in a cemetery. I can say karma finally caught up with him but his son life was in danger and that's fucked up.

No child should experience anything like that and Bryson needs to understand he's getting everything he puts out into the universe in return. Had he not been so cruel for so many years maybe he would've been in a better place in his life. I'm not saying he deserved to get shot but everything happens for a reason.