Chapter XIII

B r y s o n

"Put some pep in your step!" The officer said while pushing on me

They were walking me in the new inmates to the cells we would be placed in.

I shook my head at having to go through this shit. My lawyer was no help at all. The judge told me I had almost a year in here but they would still be looking through my background information and old records. I started to think it was no getting out of this.

Days before I went to court I got jumped by that nigga Odell and his entourage. I didn't think he was crazy enough to even pull some shit like that with me. But I was gone make sure I get him back for it as soon as I step foot out of this hell hole.

"You know orange look good on you fellas" The other officer chuckled
then pushed me into a cell with a nigga who was watching our every move.

The line off inmates continued to the next cell.

He looked up at me "What's good blood?" He held his fist out and I bumped it. I sat on the hard ass bed across from him and sighed "What you in here for? How long you got?" He asked.

"Not gone say too much but I got into some shit with my girlfriend and now they keeping me in here for 10 months" I shrugged a shoulder "What about you?"

"Been in here for two years, got five more to go" He said like it was nothing "I shot my little sister boyfriend for putting his hands on her, I don't play that shit and he thought he was gone get away with doing it for months" He shook his head "I would've killed him if I had the chance to! You should've seen how bad he bruised my sister up"

I stared at him for a second "Damn" I mumbled.

He slowly nodded then looked away "Have you ever put your hands on a female?" He asked and a bit of fear crossed me.

I quickly licked my lips "Naw but it depend on the situation like if she was to attack me, self defense ya know" I said hoping he wouldn't ask any more questions.

He furrowed his eyebrows "So did your girl attack you? What was the situation for you to end up in here"

I laid back on the bed "I don't really like discussing it man, aight?"

"Yeah I understand"

It was quiet for a second until he asked another question "So you got any kids?"

"Yeah, six of em matter fact" I chuckled " Three boys and three girls"

He raised his eyebrows "Damn they all by the chick you in here for?"