Chapter LI

O d e l l

"I don't think I ever been this nervous before" I seriously said looking in the full length mirror of me and Aaliyah's hotel room

Tonight was the NFL honors and I was anxious as hell. Usually I'm real goofy and use to crowds of people but this was kind of different. My mom and dad even flew out to be here tonight and we don't even know if I'm winning an award or not. I don't wanna speak like that but if anything I deserve an award since I work so hard and put my all into this.

It's good thing my dad came too, now he can finally meet Aaliyah. My mom already loves her so it shouldn't be a different story with him.

"You'll be fine, just think positive" Aaliyah said fixing up my collar and I shook my hands trying to calm my nerves "Your gonna win tonight, I'm speaking that into existence" She smiled and gave me a soft kiss on the lips. Those were just the words I needed to hear.

"Look now you getting lip stick on my lips" I chuckled.

She laughed "I'm sorry" She said wiping it off my lips with her thumb.

"You seem a little too calm to me" I chuckled "This your first award show with all them paparazzi, how you gone feel when we hit the carpet?" I asked.

"As long as your there then I'll be okay"

We heard three knocks on the door "Obj it's time to go" I heard my bodyguard Zeke say.

"Alright!" I yelled back and ran my fingers through my curl taking another look at myself.

Aaliyah grabbed her little wallet that matched her dress "You look fine now let's go" She said pulling me towards the door.

Walking hand in hand down to the lobby we met up outside with the rest of my team. Everyone already had chauffeurs assigned and would be showing up with whoever there plus one was.

"Look at yawl out here dripping" Tim said coming up to give me a dap. He looked Aaliyah up and down "You look gorgeous Aaliyah" He said giving her a friendly hug.

"Thank you" She said with a smile.

Our car pulled up and I opened the door for Aaliyah and helped her inside before going around to my side. Throughout the whole car ride there, Aaliyah was just smiling at me ear to ear.

"What if I don't win an award at all?"

She sighed "Don't talk like that, you will and even if you don't there's always a next time , just keep doing what you doing" She grabbed my hand and kissed causing me to smirk at her.