Chapter XCII

A a l i y a h
One week later

Me and my mama walked inside her house and seen most of my family and friends standing around with big smiles "Welcome home!!" They all shouted while standing under the poster causing me to squeal and cover my face

Me and my mama walked inside her house and seen most of my family and friends standing around with big smiles "Welcome home!!" They all shouted while standing under the poster causing me to squeal and cover my face. I wasn't expecting any of this!

Really I wasn't. I didn't even know most of them knew I went to rehab which is kind of embarrassing. They can say whatever they want about it but what matters now is that I'm a better person. Those two months in the facility flew by quick though I felt like I was in there for a lifetime being that I was going through so much shit.

Janiece really did help me out though, she didn't give up on me and I love that lady because of that. Whenever I had the thoughts of relapsing she spoke some sense into me and I'm glad I walked out of there with a better mindset. I'm only focusing on myself and my son. I'm ready to get back into the kitchen too but obviously at a different restaurant.

I hope these opportunities come at me quick.

I've been sober for 77 days and it feels good. Alcohol hasn't even crossed my mind since I've been getting help and I don't even want to look at it. It's crazy how different I acted once I consumed it which is why I never want to drink again. I don't have a reason to anymore because I'm in a better place.

It's like I've basically been baptized, I washed my hands with all my issues in the past and I'm starting over.

"I'm so glad you back! I missed you girl!" Lauren cooed being the first to tackle me with a hug. I embraced her with a tight hug because I missed her as much as she missed me "How you been?" She asked letting me go.

"I've been good, I'm happy to be back home though" I told her with a smile while more family came up.

"Welcome home liyah!" Daisy squealed running over and hugging my legs.

"Thank you baby!!" I kneeled down hugging her and kissing her cheek.

After everybody greeted me I started making my way to the kitchen to make a plate. I could just smell the soul food and it had my mouth watering. When I walked in I saw no other than Ms.Fenty stuffing her mouth causing me to laugh.

"So the food is more important than greeting me when I walked in?" I joked folding my arms with a smirk.

She quickly wiped her mouth with a napkin and came over bringing me into a hug "A bitch was hungry but welcome back boo!" She cooed in my ear while rocking me side to side "I'm tired of you leaving for months" she pouted.