Chapter LXXVIII

B r y s o n
Two weeks later

"On three say cheese!" The photographer said and all my kids including me gave a big smile while he snapped the picture

Today I wanted to do something nice for my kids so I decided we have a little photo shoot in the mall wearing matching outfits, I'm taking them out to eat next. Being that I finally got a job at this car workshop downtown, I been saving up my checks and keeping my kids every week or so.

I never really got to do anything nice with them so now was the time to make up for them days.

I feel like I changed a lot in the past months, I've been staying out of trouble as much as I could and working on my temper. I don't let stuff upset me that much like I use to.

Therapy and them talks with my grandma got me here.

I even go to visit my dad more often and we've been discussing some real shit. I see how prison really fucked him up and I'll be damned if I have to go through what he's going through behind bars in order to get my act right. He seems like he grew a lot though, instead of mumbling some insensitive shit he actually speaks from the heart and all he has been telling me is the truth.

"How many pictures was that?" I asked the camera man.

"Seven, you wanna do more or is that good enough?"

"That'll do" I nodded and walked over towards him while holding my youngest daughter, Deja. He kneeled down so all the kids could look at the pictures "Kenneth you only smiling in four pictures" I told my oldest son and shook my head.

Unlike my other five kids, Kenneth is the only one I actually got to name. I missed out on seeing the birth of the rest of my kids because I was on bad terms with they moms. However that's the past and I eventually made up with three of them, Deja's mom won't ever forgive me and I don't even care as long as she don't try to keep my daughter from me.

"But whatever, let me help you out" I told the camera man and digged in my pocket ready to pay him.

"Thank goodness, I thought I was gone have to come back and take pictures later" I heard a woman's voice behind me. Turning around I came face to face with this gorgeous brown skin woman holding a little girl on her hip and a boy standing beside her.

I chuckled and licked my lips "I ain't mean to take all day, I just got a lot of kids and I want the pictures to be perfect"

"Your fine, I'm not in a rush" She smile.

"So are these your two kids?"