Chapter XV

A a l i y a h

I quickly walked through the busy streets of New York trying to make my way to my new job

I quickly walked through the busy streets of New York trying to make my way to my new job. I received a call last Wednesday from the new boss letting me now that I got the job. I now work at this 5 star Mediterranean restaurant on 9th avenue called Kashkaval Garden.

The reviews they have are great and word around town
is this is one of the most high paying jobs downtown.

"Good morning ma'am" A white lady who was clearly a hobo waved at me with smile. She had a coat on with ripped up gloves while holding a hat. I gave her a warm smile and pulled out a $10 dollar bill, placing it inside her hat "God bless you" She said.

I smiled and made my way towards the end of the street where the restaurant was. I let a few people pass me by before actually walking in. Once I did I was greeted by this brown skin women with a nice low haircut and hoop earrings on.

She held her hand out with a smile and said "Hi, you must be the new employee" I shook her hand and nodded "I'm teyana, your job manager" She told me

"Nice to meet you, I'm Aaliyah" I smiled back.

"It's nice to meet you Aaliyah you can just follow me to the back so I could tell you where to start for the day" 

I nodded my head and started to walk with her to the double doors. I observed the restaurant and noticed it was bright in here. Everything looked so expensive and clean. The tables had flowers in the middle with a neat set up of napkins, menus and silverwares.

We made it to the back and she introduced me to the rest of the waitresses and waiters
"Everybody this is Aaliyah, our new employee" She said placed her hands on my shoulders.

"Hi Aaliyah" they all said in unison while waving and
I did the same thing with a nervous smile.

"Okay here's your apron and uniform, their nice and clean" She chuckled and handed them to me "You can start off with the dishes and the dishes only for today"