Chapter XX

O d e l l

New Orleans, Louisiana

I pushed the front door open and everyone that was sitting on the couch snapped their heads at me. I laughed and my mom was the first to jump up. She rushed over and hugged me, giving me kisses like I was still a baby.

Leaving home was kind of hard because I knew I wouldn't be able to see my family very often but I followed my dreams to make it into football. My family supported me though, if moving to New York was the move then I just had to go.

"Oh I missed you!" She said still hugging but then suddenly hit me in the arm "Why haven't you been visiting? It feels like I ain't seen you in months"

"I'm sorry ma but I be busy" She stepped aside and I spoke to my cousins who were too into the tv to even care that I showed up. They all waved and said hey before going back to the show they were watching.

I shook my head because I haven't seen them in months and this is how they greet me.

"Yeah, too busy trying to impress them girls out there"

"Naw think again, I'm a changed man mama" I walked over to my little brother Kordell who was all in his phone "Wassup lil man you missed me?"

He looked up and gave me a dap "Yeah, it's been a minute since you stopped by but understand"

I nodded and sat on the arm of the couch
"How you doing in school? You staying on track or what?"

"Somewhat, I got a lot of Cs but it can bring them up"

"We'll make sure you do! We can't have no dummies in the Beckham family"
I laughed and so did he while shaking his head "Where jasmine at though?" I asked looking between them two.

"She's out with some friends, she should be back in a few" my mom said and walked off into the kitchen with me following her.

I shook my head "She better not be out there being fast"

"I doubt it! You know your sister isn't that type of girl" she said and started taking out food that she was about to throw on the stove "But let's talk about you, how have you been?"

"I been good, just trying to enjoy the summer before the season starts back"

"How's that rape case going? You haven't giving me any updates about that"
She side eyed me and I looked down sighing. She made sure that only us would hear since we had peeps in the living room.