Chapter LXXIV

C a s s a n d r a
Two months later

"Have yawl had sex yet?" Karrueche asked Aaliyah like a little kid in grown folks business

"We're not even in a relationship so I ain't dropping my panties for him no time soon" Aaliyah answered and shook her head "I'll admit when we kissed the first time I wanted to get into some things but that was way back on valentines day and I guess I was just in the mood"

Aaliyah told us how she and Rick started talking and flirting since valentines day though they aren't in a relationship yet and neither of them even brought up dating yet. I could understand why Aaliyah is keeping him in the friend zone due to her just getting out of a relationship with what was suppose to be her soulmate AND she's still carrying his child.

Finding a step daddy should be the last thing on her to do list.

"So what stopped you from dragging him in your hotel room ? I mean yawl both single" I asked.

"I don't know I guess I was just thinking about everything that would've happened after that, I wasn't ready to start anything with him just yet" She shrugged her shoulders.

"So are you ready now?"

"Look rick is actually a nice guy but I'm not worried about dating anybody for a while, my main focus is me and my baby" She said flat out and I just nodded "I'll give it another month or two till I figure out what I wanna do"

"Girl if you don't stop lying and just admit you not over Odell..." Kae sentence trailed off and Aaliyah have her the side eye. I looked away biting my lip cause she wasn't lying but I know Aaliyah doesn't want to hear that right now.

"Anyhoo!" Aaliyah waved her off and Kae rolled her eyes "Whats been going on with you and Brailyn?" She smirked.

I flipped my hair over my shoulder "Aw we good, he finally asked me out last week and I didn't hesitate to say yes" I admitted with a small smile "I really like him"

I was beginning to be impatient with just being friends with Brailyn but I didn't want to be the first one to ask about dating. I guess he thought it was time to put a stop to the friends with benefits and just label us a couple. I mean we been talking and shit for almost a year now, we both were ready.

We're rarely around each other but he always calls to check up on me and crack jokes. Whenever we are together we can't keep our hands to ourself.

"Other than him being overly goofy he's actually cool"

I nodded "Exactly! and I love how he's trying to build a bond with messiah, he doesn't have to be he wants to"