Chapter XXV

O d e l l

I sat in my living room watching basketball and munching on some Doritos while my phone was on do not disturb

I sat in my living room watching basketball and munching on some Doritos while my phone was on do not disturb. The second I got back from California I didn't want to deal with anybody. I felt some type of way about Aaliyah going to visit Bryson in jail and it's funny because she did it as soon as I left New York. I know she probably pissed because she feel like I'm overreacting but I don't think I am.

I do feel like shit for not giving her a chance to explain though. I'd hate for us to get in a argument this early in our relationship but shit it might just have to happen.

Glancing over at my phone I wanted to pick it up and call her anyway but I think she might be mad at me right now. Why ignore her for almost a week then suddenly call her? Name one chick that won't be pissed at her man for that.

Soon as I stood up to go to the kitchen I see headlights pulling into my driveway. Walking over to the window to see who it was I saw the one and only Aaliyah hopping out of the drivers seat.

Who car she done stole to drive over here?

Seeing her walk up to my front door I opened it before she could even knock or ring the bell "What you doing over here this late?" I asked looking down at her with blank stare.

She smacked her lips "Why do you think I'm over here? Why the hell are you ignoring my calls?"

I sighed "You know why Aaliyah" She tried to slide in but I blocked the exit, I knew I was being petty right now.

Using all her force she pushed me out of the way and made her way in. I wasn't trying that hard though, I wasn't really gonna make her stand outside.

"Ok I know your pissed off about me going to see Bryson but can you let me explain why I went to see him?" She raised her brows.

I folded my arms and leaned against the wall "The floor is all yours" I simply said.

She sat on the arm of my couch and combed her fingers through her hair before speaking "Well..." She started but completely stopped trying to think of something to come up with. She looked up playing with her fingers, stuck at this point.

 She looked up playing with her fingers, stuck at this point