Chapter 9

I hummed as I stood infront of the two. Eyeing each of them.

Raven and her little spring maiden. I frowned.

(Y/N): Do you think I am stupid..?

Cinder and Emerald standing behind the both of them as I judged them. Emerald quite nervous for the main event. I hummed thoughtfully as Raven glared at me.

(Y/N): Watch the eyes little birdie. Or its going to be more than just your little clan.

She averted her gaze, anger still high but she knows her place. I didnt want her dead but thats the only way for the power. I closed my eyes.

(Y/N): Sadly... I really can't change your fate.

Cinder nodded to Emerald who raised her hand to Raven. The hand with the parasite Grimm hidden in it. I saw the life force draining away as the power from the maiden followed.

Raven: We had a deal!

(Y/N): Until you betrayed us in the future. You thought you can hide that Maiden power from me?

She glared and tried to attack me but the parasite kept her weak. I easily grabbed her arm and knelt before her as the life force that she had was being drained painfully.

(Y/N): Does it hurt..? I suppose the grimm is merciless in this... I do have to apologise. In another life perhaps we could have been partners.

I held a finger to her wrist as she tried to pry off my hand and I sharpened my nail, causing it to make a small wound thats deep enough for blood to drip out. She hissed in pain as I hummed a moment. Something I had found out from Damien during our sparring matches.

Something I wanted to try.

(Y/N): Reol.

She nodded reaching into her leg pouch to pull a small vial. She started keeping it around with her once we found out.

I had the ability to take another person's semblance by ingesting their blood.

Salem had told me, that my semblance that I knew, was simply my magic. She wanted to teach me my powers, which I had been hiding away to avoid.

Until she caught me-

But after training...

I hate to admit I was stronger.

Cinder: We're done.

I looked to them, Emerald gasping for breath from the powers of a Maiden. Raven lifeless on the ground. Mercury was done dealing with the pest. Reol holding a vial of Raven's blood.

Reol passed me the vial and I eyed it wearily. I didn't want to do this yet, so I simply kept it in my pocket.

(Y/N): Tell Leo we are heading there in two days time. Well... I am. Give Emerald time to adapt to her powers.

Cinder nodded with a smile as she led Emerald away with Mercury.

Reol placed a hand on my shoulder.

Reol: You have to drink it. For our plan.

(Y/N): You know... I wanted to keep as much humanity as I could. But... If I drink this... I think I might lose myself.

Reol: Me and Damien will stop it. We'll do it in the enclosed area the Queen gave us.

(Y/N): You think I'm ready..?

Reol: Your first time drinking blood... I doubt it. But you must.

I frowned and nodded before we left to get Damien. We found him arguing with a ursa about climate change. With a single look, he knew what was going to happen.

Damien: Im not done with you.

???: SURE YOU AINT. ALL YOU BEEN BLABBERING ABOUT IS THAT CLI-MATT THING.

Damien: It's important mind you!

???: I'LL SAY IT WHEN I SEE IT SARGE.

I sighed at the Grimms attitude. Since I started siding with Salem, Damien has been in such a good mood that even the Grimm have changed in tone.

We head to a room and I eyed the blood in the vial.

Reol: Ready?

Damien let out a sigh and got ready to fight as I popped the lid off the vial.

(Y/N): Bottoms up.

I threw my head back and downed the blood from Raven nd felt a sudden surge. It was as if something was being filled inside of me. I grunted as I fell to the ground. I saw a reflection of a red glow from me as I grunted from the pain. It was overwhelming.

Damien: My semblance from before must be merging with Raven's.

I felt drained, despite my body feeling supercharged. I dropped, my eyes closing as I met darkness.

Salem: Not bad my child. You managed to make the perfect plan for the relic. Therefore, I shall help you here. Sleep. Let your companions take care of this.

A/N: Sorry for the mess of a chapter here. I had to rush this despite my plans since I have alot of artwork to do. Here's an artwork I just recently finished.

Cheers!