Chapter 7

I watched as team RWBY and team JNPR gather the sap nicely. Well... Me and Nora were snacking on a few of the bottles until Ren scolded us. I leaned against a tree, watching them and a ghost of a smile appeared on my lips. They reminded me truly of my team.

I miss them so much.

I let myself remember the times of my team, our antics, our conversations, our-

I suddenly felt something hit me and glass break as I got knocked over. It was... sticky.

I looked over myself and saw the red liquid. I lifted my arm and looked to it as the others looked shocked to say the least. I heard laughing as I pulled my mask down slightly and licked my finger, the red on the girls face not escaping my sight.

Seraph: Sap.

Jaune looked beyond peeved. I pushed myself up as I pulled my mask back on.

Seraph: I'm going to wash this off. It hinders me too much.

I walked off casually towards what I hope to be a lake, moves clearly slowed by the red sap we had been collecting. I ended up in an open field and hummed to myself.

This wasn't a lake.

Cardin: Hey freak!

I ignored him and tried to walk off when a flash appeared. I jumped back as he striked down with his weapon. I was slow enough for him to barely scratch against my aura. This sticky sap was tougher to move in than expected.

I tried to move but it was getting harder to with the second since it was hardening. I pulled out my tessens and tried to open it but it was jam. I was peeved, and Cardin and his jocks were laughing.

They walked towards me, joking and laughing as I kept my tessen. I was certain I could still manage until I heard the roar. I tensed as a shadow loomed over me. Flash.

I tried to move but too late. I was crushed and pinned down, giving a groan of pain as I felt the heat of the Ursa's breath on my neck. I kept still, calming myself and trying to hide my emotion. It sniffed the air and looked to Cardin and his friends.

They must have fear.

I need them to atract it so I can attack.

Russell: Run away!!

I froze as the Ursa nudged me with it's nose. It opened its maw and its slimey tongue made me gag slightly as it licked the sap off me.

I saw a flash and felt blood run cold. I couldnt do anything as the Ursa bit down on my shoulder and manage to bit back a scream as my aura took the blow.

Jaune: Seraph!

I needed to hold out with my aura but I saw it was flickering as the Ursa bit harder.

Seraph: Care...ful.

I tried to make my voice calm but it was hard as my body struggled to keep my aura up.

The flare of pain broke concentration and I couldnt keep in a scream as the Ursa's sharp teeth sunk into my flesh.

I heard Jaune scream as the Ursa pulled off a chunk from me, making me shudder in pain, breathing laboured.

???: Still alive? My aren't you resistant.

Seraph: I won't break for you. Never.

I watched her , glaring at her as she stared at me with cold calculative eyes.

???: We will see.

Her hand reach out to my face as I tried to look away. But the Grimm she controlled made me face her.

???: You will become one of us.

Her had stopped inches from my face and I saw the black pool appearing on it as something slithered out. Fear spiked in me as I struggled.

Salem: And I will, have you as my chess piece against that man.

Seraph: No-!

Darkness.