Chapter 3

I sighed as me and Jaune were having a stare off. Him glaring and me keeping a poker face. Nora and Ruby were nervously looking at us while Ren simply sighed and kept trying to quell the tension.

Jaune: Pyhrra died. Because of you.

(Y/N): It was not something I could easily control.

Jaune: You could have!

(Y/N): It's-

Jaune: I know you could have done it! If you were the person I knew before the fall, you could have done it if you tried!

Ruby: Jaune...

Jaune: No! I looked up to you Seraph. No... (Y/N). I looked up to you. I saw you as strong. Undefeated. A friend.

(Y/N): I can't change the fate laid out for me!!

My eyes widened as I stepped back from my own sudden outburst. Jaune was surprised as well. I frowned and looked down.

(Y/N): I can't control what she has placed me in. No one like me can. No human or faunus can. Not even Atlas robots nor your headmasters.

They took in my words.

(Y/N): What... Happened to me... Was beyond anyone's power. The only one who could have stopped it was Ozpin...

I frowned.

(Y/N): No even him would have trouble.

I walked up to Jaune and place a hand on his shoulder.

(Y/N): I wont ask you to forgive me. Not until you know the full story. But that I cannot give you now.

Jaune: At least tell me why.

He looked to desperate to find a reason to believe me.

(Y/N): Like I told Ruby. Until Qrow deems it... Her uncle deems it. I cannot utter a word.

Jaune clenched his fist and grimaced but abided as he turned to head off.

Jaune: Let's go then.

I frowned but nodded as we started our journey. Our weapons by our sides and supplies in our bags. I walked side by side with Jaune as we quietly spoke.

Jaune: Hey... Sorry about.. Lashing out at you.

(Y/N): You lost someone you love. I would do the same.

Jaune: Would you..?

I looked to him.

Jaune: Would you have really? I... I heard your story from Ruby. Your team...

(Y/N): I would have... But Atlas is the people's hope. For me to tear it down... I can't.

I looked to my hands.

(Y/N): I cant bring down the hope that my team and I had protected. It... It would be a disgrace...

I frowned but sighed.

(Y/N): So instead I had ran. Making them lose progress on their perfect soldier.

I hummed as I looked to the sky.

(Y/N): I always wondered what happened to them...

Jaune: Have you ever went to search for them..?

(Y/N): Yes... But my semblance has shown me where they will be.

Jaune: Thats good isn't it?

(Y/N): No... I will be fighting them in the future. When..? I dont know... It was so long ago since I seen that scene. I have long forgotten it.

Jaune: Fight them...?

(Y/N): Yes.

Jaune: I-I'm sorry... Must be hard...

(Y/N): It is what must be done... So even if she is no longer here, you must keep fighting as well. She would want you to...

He nodded at my words and I smiled softly before seeing a village up ahead. How long had we talked..?

Flash.

I froze in my footsteps, making Jaune to me.

Why are you not returning to me?

I hissed as a sharp pain hit my head, falling to one knee I managed to tolerate it.

What is this?

...

I see. Ozpin plays a dangerous game.

No matter. I will control the board once again, and I will control my chess piece once more.

Jaune: (Y/N), you okay bud?

Ruby: You look like youre in pain.

(Y/N): I can tolerate it. Let us go to the next village. We must make it to Haven. Mistral.

The four nodded to me as Ren helped me up and we kept walking.