Chapter 9

Qrow and I got to work, him dashing to keep Tyrian busy as I snagged my weapons off the floor and was about to dash into battle when something grabbed my hand.

I stopped a moment and waited for the person to talk.

Ruby: (Y/N)...

(Y/N): Ah... Ruby. I need to help your uncle. Please release my hand.

Ruby: But youre-

Jaune: Why... are you blind?

Nora: You weren't blind before!

(Y/N): Please... All will be revealed after this fight.

Ruby: At least tell me... Who is Salem?

(Y/N):...

(Y/N): The person who had changed me.

I pulled my hand out of Ruby's grasp and ran to help Qrow, blocking a strike from Tyrian's tail as Qrow punched Tyrian in the face.

Qrow: Nice of you to finally join me.

(Y/N): Got a little.... Hung up.

Qrow: Riiiight and Im not drunk.

(Y/N): Dont patronize me you damn bird.

He went forward, punching Tyrian due to the lost of his weapon and soon ducked as Tyrian swung his tail only for me to flip over and continue the fight.

Qrow: Think you can handle the little itty bitty bug while I get my weapons?

(Y/N): There's that patronizing again.

I charged ahead, keeping Tyrian occupied as I saw Qrow in the back grabbing his weapons as I was hit through a building. Tyrian followed me in as we took it to the rooftops, breaking the already broken town as Qrow stepped in.

(Y/N): I swear, your semblance hates you more than it hates everybody.

Qrow: You arent dead yet.

(Y/N): I can see that.

Qrow: Youre currently blind.

Tyrian: how dare you talk so casually while our battle rages! Do I mean nothing?!

Qrow: You hear something?

(Y/N): Other than you whining? No, not really.

Tyrian attack and Qrow locked weapons with him as I leaped in the air from behind and managed to deal a massive blow to his aura.

He swung his tail as I side stepped and backed away as he was enraged.

A sniper round rained down and hit Tyrian, causing a dust cloud that I couldnt shape anything out from. I heard Qrow grunt and dashed forward into the smoke as I forced my semblance to find Tyrian.

Qrow: Ruby what are you doing!

Ruby: This is my fight too uncle Qrow!

Qrow: No, you don't understand!

I ducked as I saw a kicked and did a low sweep myself to knock Tyrian down. He managed to twist himself in a way he kicked my face and managed to do a flare back onto his feet.

I was knocked out of the dust cloud before Ruby and Qrows feet.

(Y/N): That hurt.

I coughed out blood.

Ruby: I will help my friends.

(Y/N): I dont think you realized your uncles semblance Ruby-

Qrow dashed ahead to stop Tyrian from attacking us.

Ruby: What do you mean?

I kicked myself up and held a hand up for her to pause as I threw up what I only can assume blood. Though the metallic taste of it is gone.

Ruby: (Y/N).... Youre throwing up this... Black thing... Are you-

(Y/N): Black? Thats not good. Ruby. Please. You must stay out of this. If you enter this fight.

Flash.

(Y/N): Qrow will be close to death.

Flash.

(Y/N): I would be taken.

Flash.

(Y/N): The world will soon fall.

Ruby seemed torn. I gave her a pat on the head.

(Y/N): Please. Listen to us. We will explain everything later.

She nodded as I rushed back to help Qrow. We tagged team Tyrian when I saw a chance. He made a strike for Qrow only for Qrow to block with his sword and I kicked him hard into the building wall. The wall crumbled immediately and fell on Tyrian who did not come out unscathed.

While he is stunned, he barely blocked Qrows strike. But he was unable to block mine. I got behind him, my fan blades open. Catching his tail between my blades, I closed them and cut it cleanly off.

He roared in pain as me and Qrow jumped back and grouped.

Qrow: Not bad for a blind man.

(Y/N): Not bad for a drunk man.

Tyrian: You disgrace of a-

He froze and soon started cowaring.

Tyrian: She'll... She'll forgive you...

He ran.

I kept standing and once he was out of my sight I dropped to my knees. My semblance shutting itself off as I kept coughing up blood and the black substance.

Ruby/Nora/Jaune/Ren: (Y/N)!

Qrow: Kid... You ran out of aura, didn't you?

I chuckled weakly.

(Y/N): Sorry Qrow... Mind helping me..?

Qrow: Sure.

I felt him by my side as he forced his aura into me. I steadied my breathing as he gave me enough aura to heal myself.

Ruby: Uncle Qrow..? Can you... Explain to us now?

Qrow: ...

(Y/N): What's your favourite fairy tale..?

I interjected, my vision returning but I was still weak. Turning to look at them as they froze.