Chapter 12 (End of Act 1)

She charged as I was in my thoughts and a flash brought me out of the daze. My body moved before I realized and we were in a full blown battle where a single mistake could end either of us. I read every single one of her moves, countered them and gave my own.

My mind in overdrive as I read the future and attacked with the same finesse as her until an explosion shook the entire cargo we were standing on. Peaking over it was Penny and Ruby. I let out a sigh of relief as I focused on the woman to see that she wasnt before me.

Flash.

I ducked as a blade went over and pushed myself to the side as a another tried to impale me as I was crouching. The movement put me off balance as I hit the ground. I rolled out of the way as a sword stabbed down and easily swung myself up and blocked her next strike. I scowled slightly and charged, each strike charged with aura as I soon enough shattered her blades like the glass it is.

Then I heard her laugh as the glass shards suddenly aimed their pointed tips at me and fired. I saw split seconds of positions and soon picked the least damaging of the. One cutting through my mask and making it fall off.

Another shard making a deep cut on my neck, almost severing a vital point.

A third knicked my leg with a small scar.

The last imapled itself right in my shoulder.

I had to drop one of my weapons as the shard went through my aura due to the little amount I had left.

Dropping to my knees and grabbing my shoulder, she took the chance and placed her weapon on my neck. I looked up and glared.

She gave a victorious smirk as I felt her push the sword closer to my skin.

???: How long do you think you can run from her..? From us..?

My eyes widened as I tensed.

???: My dear, (Y/N). So foolish and naive. You dont remember me do you..? Do not worry. You will soon enough.

Penny: I am combat ready!

I saw a green laser shot at the woman as she turned and dodge before hopping onto the ship wih Roman and escaping. I kick myself up and looked over to see Penny disappeared. I sighed and decided to sneak away myself.

I walked off back to Beacon and soon enough back to my room. Sitting on the bed I look to the ceiling, thinking about the teammates that are both alive and dead. I cleaned myself up from my battle, patching up what wounds i had and soon saw a framed photograph that brought a small smile on my face.

Picking up that framed photograph, I sighed with nostalgia.

Seraph: Team SNDR(Sunder). Using my nickname from atlas, we managed to work out a new team name. A cool one according to Nico. Sadly Reol... Didnt think the same.

I sighed and looked to my last member.

Seraph: Damien Drake.

The name itself brought a grief I could never rid myself off. His death was because of me. Because I was not there when I should have been.

A knock on my door jarred me from my self-loathing. I grabbed a mask and wore it, calming myself down and clearing my mind, I opened the door to see Blake.

Blake: Seraph... I just... Wanted to say thank you for helping me.

I looked to her blankly. She was looking down, face red as she squirmed under my gaze. I let out a small chuckle and pet her head.

Seraph: There is no need for thanks... We are friends, are we not?

She looked up to me and smiled.

Blake: Of course we are.

I smiled and nodded.

Seraph: And friends will help each other out.

Blake suddenly hugged me and I tensed slightly before hugging her back.

Seraph: Do not worry about your race. Faunus. Human. In the end, we are all living. If a thousand people hate us for what we are, a thousand more love us for who we are.

I sighed and gave her a pat on the back.

Seraph: Time for bed. The Vytal festival will begin in afew days right..? We still have our shadowing missions and soon enough the dance.

Blake: Alright.

Seraph: Good night, Blake.

Blake: Good night, Seraph.

I watched as she left and soon frowned.

Seraph: You need your rest if the fall of beacon is coming soon.

I closed the door and sighed.

Seraph: Because then... You will be facing against me.

I looked to the team photo I was holding onto earlier.

Seraph: And I am certain I will not hold back.

A/N: So with the end of the first volume, comes a grave turn of events. I would like to take this time to thank those who support the story and continued reading it. I would also like to say this isn't the end of it.

Stay tuned for Act two, it will be in the same book so no worries on looking at my profile or something like that-

(Truth is author-san is just lazy to create a new book as it takes up too much time)