Chapter 8

After my bold statement, I had been training as much as I could with Damien and Reol. I was in a body that I can't control fully. I wasn't born in this form... But I will perfect it.

My body felt lighter, stronger. More agile. I felt alive. With each sparring match I had with Damien, my body grew more accustomed to what I had been subjected to. Arm blown off, recovered in a day. Stabbed through the heart, recovered in  two hours. The timer has just been growing shorter.

Damien: Boss... Don't strain yourself...

(Y/N): I'm fine... I don't feel tired... I don't feel anything actually. Just a burning sense of anger and...

I stopped my words. What was the feeling I felt? Was it just anger? Sadness? Betrayal?

I sighed and got ready to spar again.

Salem: I see you are getting more in tuned with your form.

I looked at her from the corner of my eye before me and Damien started sparring.

Salem: I suggest using that anger, son. It will be your greatest weapon.

(Y/N): Anger has no place in my heart.

Salem: It will. It must. Anger is a fuel for many, it will push you beyond your limit. Use it..!

I heard her leave shortly after and let out a groan of frustration. I kicked Damien squared in the face as I let out a small sigh.

Damien: Clean kick, dude.

(Y/N): Dont patronize me, man.

He chuckled and got up, not a bruise or scar. He was grinning like the cheshire cat. We shared a laugh and continued training. Before I knew it, Reol had joined in and paired with Damien as I was beating him too quickly and easily.

Damien: I blame hacks!

(Y/N): There isn't a hack to life.

Reol: You're right. Its genetics.

(Y/N): Thats not it either..!

Damien: Yea! He was half faunus!!

(Y/N): You guys are insufferable.

Damien/Reol: But you love us~

I grumbled as I heard footsteps. We looked over to see Cinder and her lackeys. I remember their names were... Mercury and Emerald.

Cinder: Just wanted to let the little Prince know that the fight at Haven will begin shortly~

I saw Emerald curiously looking at us and Mercury just grinning.

(Y/N): Good. I was getting tired of waiting.

Emerald: Have you heard?

Mercury: We got little springy with us too.

Damien: Even better.

Reol: The relic is as good as ours.

Cinder: Shall we then?

I judged her character for a quick moment and let out a all huff as I nodded.

(Y/N): I suppose we shall. I need to see Ozpin's surprised face when he finds out I now have turned the tides.

Cinder looked surprised for a moment and I let out a grimm chuckle.

(Y/N): You thought he was dead... Didnt you..?

I cooed condescendingly.

(Y/N): He can't die. He's forced to roam remnant just like Salem. And I will make sure he remembers his mistakes.

Cinder calmed herself down and kept that snark smile before simply raising her hands in a surrendering notion.

Cinder: We are on the same side, Prince.

(Y/N): Yes, we are.

I walked to her and stood in front of her, Emerald had an aura of slightly fear while Mercury was intimated.

(Y/N): Your failures matter not to me, unlike my mother. But your loyalty will be tested. I trust you know what that means.

Cinder lost of fear and simply smiled.

Cinder: My loyalty never wavers from the Queen.

I looked to her eyes. Fire.

I smiled.

(Y/N): I like that. Let's go whenever you are ready.

Cinder: Then let us depart.

She turned and walked off as I followed, my friends and her followers looked to each other before running to catch up.

Cinder: Any hindsights to the battle?

I hummed abit and closed my eyes as faint flickers cross my mind.

(Y/N): White fang got cocky. They got caught and failed to blow up Haven. I will have Reol and Damien get that done.

Cinder: Wonderful. Anything else?

(Y/N): Leo stays loyal but... Hm... One of the other members of Ozpin's team looks annoying.

Cinder took my arm and led the way as I saw the future for glimpses.

Cinder: Will they interrupt the plan?

(Y/N): Not if we make it quick.

Cinder: Good, anything else?

(Y/N): The... You have the maiden right?

Cinder: Of course, what do you-

(Y/N): Take her power.

We stopped walking as she hummed a moment.

Cinder: Why do you-

(Y/N): She is the thorn in our side. She turned against us and gave Ozpin the relic... Or her daughter will.

Cinder: Daughter?

(Y/N): Raven black hair, ruby red eyes. Messy long locks and a very mean look.

Cinder: Raven..?

I opened my eyes and frowned before humming.

(Y/N): Annoying. Get Hazel to join us if he hasn't. He along with Emerald and Mercury can hold off Ozpin's group for a moment.

Cinder: Alright...

(Y/N): I will position Damien to help as well and let Reol do the explosives.

Cinder look deep in thought.

(Y/N): I trust your judgement. But what I saw... You almost died.

She tensed.

(Y/N): You may take credit for it, but please let me call the shots. I was made for it.

She closed her eyes before letting a tired sigh.

Cinder: You are the Prince... You need not ask for command...

(Y/N): No. I am your partner for this mission.

She looked to me and I turned to face her.

(Y/N): My mother's apprentice is a friend of mine. If she places her trust in you, then I will do the same. I can only ask you trust me in return.

Cinder: Of course, my Prince~

We shook hands in agreement and with my plan in action, we made our way to the Maiden.