Chapter 6

We walked in silence until we reached the next village. That I was thankful for...

I was not ready to review that memory. We got a room at a nearby inn and settled down for the night.

In the middle of the night, I woke up. Looking outside to see a beautiful night...

I got out and climbed to the roof, soon enough relaxing on one. I looked to the broken moon and sighed, finding myself humming a tune from long ago.

A/N: I just really like this song--

I hummed a melody all to familiar to me... But soon after deciding to go back.

I sighed and stood up, getting ready to head back when I heard a melody. A female voice humming.

Who...?

It was a reply to my humming... But its also a continuation from where I had stopped. Only... Only Reol had sang this for us. Maybe... Maybe she was nearby.

Reol would sing to all of us in team SNDR. After our battles after our injuries, after we saw huntsmen dying before us. After we were broken from our mission. She would sing to lull us into a sense of false happiness. She was our motherly figure. Being the eldest.

It was our escape... She was our escape... I miss her dearly.

Qrow: Kid.

The humming suddenly stopped as I looked to him.

Qrow: What are you doing up..?

(Y/N): I could ask you the same thing you dusty old crow.

He gave an annoyed look and soon chuckled before walking to my side.

Qrow: Hey now. I may be dusty but i am anything but old.

(Y/N): Could have fooled me.

Qrow: Maybe you young kids could see better if you went to sleep on time.

(Y/N): See now you are even calling me young!

Qrow: Come on, you need rest for the days ahead.

(Y/N): I know... I just... Needed time to think.

I stood up and began walking back.

Qrow: You never saw me here either... You got that?

(Y/N): Huh... I hear a crow cawwing. Wonder what brought a bird here to wake the neighborhood. Speaking of which...? Was I sleeping till now? Hmm... Must be a dream huh?

I heard his chuckle once more as I jumped off the side of the building and landed safely due to its short height. Walking back to the inn and soon falling upon my bed and crashing.

Lights out.

Arrive soon.

Sleep... A pet will pick you up before you know it.

Watch your back.

Lull your senses...

Sleep.

When I awoke, I was on my bed at the inn. Sitting up and stretching, I made my way down and got something to eat before the others arrived.

I was soon tackled to the ground by screaming Ruby.

Ruby:(Y/N)!!! You wouldnt believe what Nora did!!

Nora: Me?!

(Y/N): Where are Jaune and Ren?

Ruby: Nora locked their door by using a rope to tie their door knob to the door opposite them-

Nora: Did not!

Ren/Jaune: Nora!!!!

Nora: (Y/N) save me!!!

(Y/N): Breakfast sounds good right now...

Nora: Noooo!!!

I smiled as Ren and Jaune arrived and chased a screaming Nora as Ruby laughed.

They were my new team now. But yet my mind still wanders to my last remaining team member. What had happened to her, was she alive? Is she still friend or has she turned foe? I at least know she is nearby.

Ruby: (Y/N)!

I looked up to her to see them worried for me.

Ruby: Is everything alright..?

I smiled softly.

(Y/N): Yea. Let's get some food before heading off.

Nora: Alright!!!

Ren: Sounds like a plan.

Ruby: You know Nora is going to eat our wallets out right..?

Ruby had whispered to me as I laughed slightly.

(Y/N): We need to be ready for anything.

Its coming.

I smiled as we headed off to eat before making our way to Haven.

You will be pleasantly surprised.

Do not trust her.

I gripped my head slightly as it got abit overbearing.

Ruby: (Y/N)?

She was worried. They all were. They were looking at me, emotion clear on their face.

(Y/N): Sorry... My head hasnt been right since the fall of beacon...

They nodded, Jaune looking down as I frowned. We continued walking as we soon found a place to eat.