Chapter 8

I ducked under his attack and tried a quick stab to his abdomen for him to flip back, almost kicking me in the face if not for my semblance.

I jumped back and feigned aiming my weapon and he rushed before only to be met easily with my blades. He was pushed back and soon grinned maniacally.

???: Ohhhhh... I like you. Perhaps my Mistress will let me break you-

Ruby: Back off!!

Ruby charged in with her semblance and knocked the man back. I nodded to her as Ren fired his machine gun pistols, this kept the man running as we planned a moment.

Jaune mentioned Ruby with her electicity bullet and we all knew the gist.

Ren got knocked back, the man charging at Jaune as I dashed ahead only for his to weaponto clash against mine.

???: Surprise!

Flash.

I felt a shock and heard a gunshot as I was knocked back. I grumbled as my aura flickered and pushed myself up as Jaune got kicked away as well. Ruby atacked only to get tossed aside as the man charged at Nora. Ruby managed to get to her knees and aim her sniper, loaded with a electricity dust bullet and soon firing it at Nora.

Nora was hit straight in the face and knocked down. The man looked shocked, soon relaxing with a weird pouting smile on his face before turning to us and laughing.

???: My how the tables has turned!!

We grouped up, except Nora who was getting up slowly with a devilish grin. We smirked as he looked confused. Nora raised her hammer as he turned around and soon enough slammed her hammer down for dust to suddenly rise and cover everything.

We shielded our eyes and soon the dust settled only to reveal the man was a fanus. I tensed. I knew who he was now.

(Y/N): Tyrian.

Tyrian: So the man of the hour finally remembers?

I readied my weapon, slightly less eager to face him again.

Tyrian: You cause our queen such pain!

His scorpion tail whipped and whacked Nora to the side as he stepped towards me.

Jaune: Get back!

Tyrian: I have no orders to take you back , as much as I wish for it..!

He rushes and attacks Jaune as Ren tried to support only to have the faunus tail lashing at him.

I rushed and blocked the tail strike at Ren, soon after Tyrian's tail wrapped around my arm and pulled me forward. I dropped my weapons from the sudden force as I fell right into his punch and kick. It broke my aura as he threw me aside.

I groaned and tried to get up when he stood over me.

Ruby: No!

Ruby aimed her sniper as Tyrian jumped back and onto the broken building. Ren helped me up as we grouped once again.

I ignored the stinging pain throughout my body.

What a pity... A broken Aura?

Stay out of the fight.

No protect your friends.

Dont listen to her.

I glared at Tyrian as he looked down on us.

Ren: He's... a Faunus!

Ruby: What is this about?! The white Fang?! Roman Torchwick?!

Tyrian: Plastic soldiers and pawns!

He looked to me as I looked down.

Tyrian: Our heart and body belongs only to our goddess!

Ruby: Cinder...

Jaune looked to me worriedly.

Jaune: (Y/N)..?

Tyrian: Only in her wildest dreams!

(Y/N): Salem...

He fell down as I stood on my own two feet as he charged at us.

(Y/N): Incoming..!

Jaune and Ruby were immediately knocked to the side as Ren was attacked next but I intercepted. We went back and forth in our attacks. I read his every move as we soon enough locked weapons.

Tyrian: Why do you fight her? You already have her gift!

(Y/N): A curse.

Tyrian grinned sadistically and pressed his weapons down further as I was pushed back slightly.

Tyrian: Well, I suppose its a gift for me.

My vision suddenly blurred as my eyes widened.

W-What..?

Tyrian: You look lost!

My vision went black as I felt a hit and was knocked back. I got to my knees as I rubbed my eyes slightly.

Jaune: (Y/N)!!

I was panicking slightly as I heard them fighting.

Jaune: What are you doing?!

Ren: (Y/N)?

Nora: What's wrong?

Ruby: (Y/N)-

I heard Ruby, or so I think, get hit and something falling to the ground before me.

Ruby groaned, soon gasping as I assumed she looked to me.

Ruby: You're blind...

Tyrian: Such a blessing!

I closed my eyes.

Tyrian: So sad such fun battles have to end but-

I forced my semblance to activate even without my aura. I saw Tyrian. I saw his moves, everything he did after and presently. I also saw Qrow.

He blocked the strike that Tyrian attempted on Ruby as I got up.

Qrow: Look, pal. Im not sure who you are, but you need to leave my niece alone.

Tyrian chuckled.

Tyrian: Why, my friend, my name is Tyrian. And Im afraid that is not possible.

I coughed slightly, blood coming up.

Tyrian: Turn off your semblance, dear (Y/N). It will be your death.

I stood beside Qrow, eyes closed.

(Y/N): Ah... Shut up you noisy bug.

Tyrian laughed madly as Qrow hummed.

Qrow: So who is this idiot?

(Y/N): Tyrian. One of the heads at the table of Salem.

Tyrian: Ding ding ding! My assignment from Her Grace was to retrieve this young girl! So that is what I must do.

(Y/N): One does not upset the Queen...

Tyrian: You get it, my dear companion.

(Y/N): Sadly your queen can shove it.

Qrow laughed hard at that as Tyrian growled.

Tyrian: Hmm... I think we've had enough talk now, don't you?

Qrow: Took the words right out of my-

I stepped infront of Qrow and kicked up Tyrian's strike.

(Y/N): Literally. Heh.

Qrow: Let's have some fun, right (Y/N)?

I smirked and opened my eyes, still seeing only darknes physically but mentally I saw everything. Including his future.

I dont care if this will slowly kill me. I will protect those I love.

Yes.

No!