Chapter 4

I grumbled as I was carrying a drunken Qrow in my arms. Oscar followed me, timidly lagging behind as I walked through the streets of Mistral. Qrow got so drunk he couldn't even stand more or less move, and seeing how Oscar couldn't carry him... I was left to drag him back home.

I heard Qrow mumbling something and sighed as I tried to tune it out.

(Y/N): Qrow. Shut up... You're already heavy, I dont want to hear your-

Qrow: What do you mean... Leo? Why are you.... (Y/N)?

I froze in my tracks, listening more closely now as Oscar tripped back from my sudden pause.

Qrow: Yea... (Y/N)... Town...

I dropped Qrow to the floor as I suddenly focused on my surroundings. He told them. If he's muttering it out, Leo knows.

Oscar: U-Um... (Y-Y/N)?

(Y/N): Take Qrow home. Drag him. Do whatever. They know.

Flash.

He's rushing me... I need to get them out of here.

I turned to oscar, the importance of what is about to happen clearly edging into him. He nodded fearfully and dragged Qrow up, barely holding him up by his shoulders.

(Y/N): Up ahead, turn left. Keep walking straight.

I gave him a quick description of the house and jumped onto the rooftop as I saw a shadow do the same. I dashed off, the feeling of someone's eyes on my back as I made my escape.

My heart pounding as thoughts of being caught again kept appearing in my mind. It was distracting, but almost as if they weren't my own...

A dull pain on my right calf appeared as I was suddenly pulled back and dropped. I fell onto the street mid jump and grunted as I tried to keep running until I realized my leg my chained from that shot. Whatever it was.

I looked back, an arrow pierced into my leg had formed a bright red chain, rooting me to the floor. The hooded figure landed, slightly further off from me.

I got up, keeping my guard up.

???: You haven't change. Captain.

My heart dropped. The hooded figure pulled off his hood to show my team member.

(Y/N): So. Both you and Reol...

He looked down, Salem's resemblance on his skin and face showed.

Damien: I... Let me explain... Please.

(Y/N): You... I thought you died. I believed you died. You want to tell me that you've been alive all this time for... For Salem..?

Damien: She... Look she didn't want to do any of this.

(Y/N): I find that hard to believe.

He held his tongue when he heard my malice.

(Y/N): You can't... You  can't expect me to believe that after what I went through... You of all people should know.

He frowned and looked down.

(Y/N): If she didn't want this, why did she do this to me? You can't explain that...

Damien: She wanted to save you.

(Y/N): Save me from what? I was fine. I was human.

Damien: Save you from him.

(Y/N): Why?

He kept quiet.

(Y/N): Answer me, Damien! Why?!

Damien: You are like Ozpin.

I paused, slightly in shock at what he told me.

Damien: You can be rebirthed. But you hold no memories of your past lives.

I felt my will to fight him disappear as everything started making sense. Why both sides were so eager to have me.

Damien: You were their only son, which Ozpin had killed.