Chapter 9

I walked around with Velvet by my side, talking about the different faunus of remnant.

Seraph: I still say there are many more faunus that have not been discovered.

Velvet: But how can that be? Us as Huntsmen and Huntresses have travelled many places. To not see them is impossible.

Seraph: Ah.... But us Faunus are growing by the day. Our dna is never the same. Who's to say a new faunus has not been born?

She thought about and nodded.

Velvet: Fair point, I suppose.

Coco: They are getting along aren't they?

I heard them whispering in the back until a blur of yellow sped past.

I looked over and saw a flash of red as Ruby chased after with the rest of her team.

Yang: You're coming with us hot stuff-

I felt a sudden tug on my arm and was forcefully dragged along and made to run along side them.

Seraph: ...  What?

Weiss: We must follow the competition!

Blake: She wanted to spy on the other teams of the Vytal festival.

Seraph: Ah... But... Why am I following..?

Yang: Because why not?

Yang gave a cheeky grin and I sighed but smiled and followed them.

Seraph: I'm getting my food later and you guys have to follow then.

Blake: Sure.

Weiss: I suppose its the least I can do.

Yang: If there's food, I'm in.

They gave their respective smiles as I chuckled slightly and sped up to Ruby as the others looked shellshocked.

Weiss/Blake/Yang: Did he just... Laugh?

I was side by side with Ruby as she sped along and I saw a flicker of the future. I skidded to a stop as I grabbed Ruby's arm, this had let Weiss run around the corner and rammed straight into her.

Seraph: Penny.

Penny: Salutations (Y/N)!

Seraph: Its... Seraph now.

Penny: ... So it is!

The rest of team RWBY caught up as Weiss huffed and whined about how we had lost him.

Yang: Um... Weiss...

Yang pointed to Penny who was under her and Weiss suddenly jumped to her feet.

Weiss: Oh, I'm terribly sorry. I wasn't looking at where I was going-

Seraph: You should get up, Penny.

Penny:... I should!

She kicked her legs up and pushed herself to her feet.

Penny: Oh Seraph, it has been to long! General Ironwood would be elated by such news of your recovery!

Seraph: Penny. A word.

I dragged her to the side for a moment as team RWBY digested the knowledge that I knew this strange girl and even close enough to the general for him to care about a recovery they dont know of, whatever they thought of it.

Seraph: Penny, you mustn't tell anyone of what I have been through.

Penny: But you and I have been-

Seraph: Quiet. Not to loud. I am nothing more but a deer faunus named Seraph, alright?

She seemed hesitant.

Seraph: Please Penny. From one friend to another.

She frowned but nodded to my request.

Penny: As you wish.

I nodded in satisfaction as Weiss cleared her throat. I looked back to them, my seriousness faded.

Seraph: Did I miss a talk about food..?

Weiss: No, you dunce! Who is she?

Seraph: Team RWBY, meet Penny Polendina from Atlas. She is one of the competitors of this year aside from the other person you had chased.

I yawned and started day dreaming slightly when I saw Weiss sudden grabbed Penny by the shoulder.

Weiss: If you're here for the festival, does that mean you know that monkey-tailed rapscallion?!

Penny: The who?

Weiss: The filthy raunus from the boat!

Seraph: Filthy faunus?

Blake: Why do you keep saying that?!

We looked to Blake.

Blake: Stop calling him rapscallion. Stop calling him a  degenerate. He's a person!

Weiss: Oh I'm sorry. Do you want me to stop referring this trashcan as a trashcan? Or this lamp post as a lamp post?!

I got abit uncomfortable with the reaction of hatred from Weiss.

Blake: Stop it!

Weiss: Stop what?! He clearly broke the law! Give him some time and he'll probably join up with the other faunus in the white fang!

Blake: You ignorant little brat!

I saw a flash and my eyes widen at Blake.

Seraph: You're a...

I knew she heard me, I saw her faunus ear twitch. She simply grabbed my arm and stormed off with me in tow.

Weiss: How dare you talk to me like that! I am your teammate!

Blake stopped walking, letting my arm go as I looked between them.

Blake: You're nothing but a judgemental little girl.

Weiss: What in the world makes you say that?!

Blake: The mere fact that you would sort that faunus boy with a group of terrorist solely based on his-

I began to tune them out as I backed away from them slowly. This was a sensitive topic I would rather not be involved in. Seeing as I myself am a faunus.

I walked to Ruby and Yang and looked back to the two before sighing.

Seraph: You guys owe me snacks...

Yang and Ruby nodded in response while frowning at the two arguing before we headed back. I relaxed as I took a walk before heading to the fountain. Looking down I saw myself.

My dull red eyes flashed a bright hue before fading and I gave a sigh. I sat on the fountain and kept staring into the water.

Seraph: Why do I have such a horrid feeling?