Chapter 58

Xiumin's P.O.V.

I looked down on my two feet, lifting them slightly as I tapped them together. My hands were at my back, clasped nervously together as I waited and waited for her to come.

Who am I waiting for?

It's certainly no other than my precious Byeollie.

On the phone last week, she suggested for us to go on another date exactly one week after she called. She made it clear that she won't see me for a week, just to wait for the scandal to melt down. Thankfully, the entertainment world is full of weird and weirder content as time passes by. Even though Moon Byul's controversy is still being the talk of the kpop industry, the buzz is not as bizarre as it was a week ago.

I planted a faint smile, trying to calm my excited heart down. It's been a week since I last saw her and it's killing me not to see her for that long.

I miss her so badly.

I checked my wrist watch and frowned softly, wondering why she was later than usual. The guardian should never come later than the client, well at least that is what I recall.

I almost chuckled out loud when I remember the look she gave me on the first few days she kidnapped me. She looked like she was going to burn me alive or something, since I was asking her strange questions that she didn't wanted to answer. I could also vividly picture those moments she glared at me, wondering how we managed to end up as a couple in the end.

I guess it's true; people fall in love in mysterious ways.

Maybe just a touch of a hand?

In this case, maybe just a knock of a gun!

"Smiling like a dork at his own shoes... Can you get any weirder?"

I immediately raised my hand in shock to see Moon Byul wriggling her brows at me, half smirking.

I couldn't hold back my smile as I watched her take out her hands from the pockets of her black hoodie sweater, recognising a familiar cap with the word 'STAR' on her head. I instantly knew where I once saw that cap- it was during my stay at the hospital.

Come to think of it, we came a long way.

A fascinatingly long way.

A way I never thought I would choose.

The moment she smirked playfully at me, was the moment my stomach felt butterflies and my heartbeat grew faster in a good way. Sometimes, people say that when you are with the person you like, your heartbeat grows fast like crazy. But when you're with someone you love, your heartbeat does not necessarily beat crazily fast, instead it beats crazily right.

I've never been so sure up until this moment.

"Stop smiling like that, I might kidnap you again." Moon Byul burst out laughing when I just stared at her lovingly, hoping she could see how happy I was just to look at her.

"Please do." I said, chuckling as she took my arm, wrapping her arm around it and hugging it. "Let's just go for a date, I need something normal once in a while."

"Well, I bet you brought your gun."

She glanced at me with no smile. "Duh? Guns are normal... for me."