Chapter 15

Xiu Min's P.O.V.

"How are you doing?" I turned towards the door, but it wasn't who I expected it to be. My heart dropped, disappointed.

Kyungsoo entered the room with his usual heart shaped smile, placing a basket of fresh fruits onto the table beside my bed. I sat up straight, adjusting the sheets as I welcomed him to sit beside me.

"How is your head?"

I placed my fingers on the bandage. "Sometimes it feels so heavy that I can't even lift it up, but the doctors say I can remove it after a few more days."

"Really? Good for you, hyung." Kyungsoo couldn't hide his teeth while grinning. "It has been five days and you seem to get better very fast."

Hearing his statement made me faked a smile.

Five days.

It has been five days since I lied on this bed, let the doctors and nurses examined me and make sure I eat certain medications, made them put water in my body and eat all kinds of gross hospital food. I miss real food, because as you can see, I'm quite the foodie.

But that isn't really why I'm feeling sad.

It's the fact that even after five days have passed, there were no signs of Moon Byul appearing in front of me. No signs of her trying to contact me or make sure that I'm alright.

Nothing.

How can she not even come to me at all?

I'm her client for goodness sake, and I got exposed to the public and even got major injuries, so I'm sure the news had reached her but why isn't she coming?

Solar did mention something about a deadline, but don't tell me it's already over? That Moon Byul was going to make me forget about her this fast?

Or is she in danger? What if the driver that escaped is alive and fine, back on his mission of hunting her down? What if she needs help? Is she alright?

Another person crossed my mind.

Luhan.

Just where is that guy too?

He hasn't contacted me at all, just like Moon Byul. Did he managed to expose SME? I don't think so. Because so far, all SME operations seemed to be conducted normally and there are no news regarding my company, which is leaving me crazy all by myself since my members have no clue of what is really happening inside the building.

Xiu Min, are you really even safe?

"Hyung, do you wanna know something extraordinary?" Kyungsoo's voice awakened my inner thoughts and made me turned at him at once. "What is that?"

"On the day you were found, I met a guy that looked just like you in SME." He chuckled, recalling his encounter the other day. "Everyone mistook him for you that day, but then when I really look at him, I realized it wasn't you and it made me really disappointed."

"Ah..." I mumbled, my eyes staring at him. "He looked like me?"

Kyungsoo nodded. "Yes. But he really denied it like his life depended on it and looked like he was in a hurry."

"Who is he?"

"I don't know his name but he was a cleaner. But strangely I never met him again after that day... come to think of it, it was the only day I ever had saw him." his eyes darted away slowly as if he was figuring out something difficult. I started to frown, noticing something slightly off in the conversation.