Chapter 24

Xiu Min's P.O.V.

Something is wrong.

Terribly wrong.

Luhan will never do something as crazy as this.

Something must have happened to him. I'm sure of it.

He was my closest member in EXO, but I wasn't close to him just because we were the same age or just because we're the eldest. He cares for me more than I care for myself when he was still in EXO, so I doubt he changed after leaving.

The flashes of the kidnapper appeared in my head, keeping me anxious as I thought of the possibilities of him being related to Luhan.

One thing for sure, that guy has something to do with Moon Byul.

"What a sweet, sweet name she has."

I bit my lips, holding in my anger. The way he mentioned Moon Byul was just so disgusting in a way I can't simply describe. Just what relation does he have with Moon Byul?

"I deeply regret not finishing our business years ago, and look at her now, pretending to be invincible."

Pretending to be invincible?

Just then, Moon Byul entered the room, alarming me at once. I gulped, looking away because of the guilt uprising in myself. She has no idea about the kidnapper, and I don't really know if she should know about it.

"You okay?" Her voice came out gentle and calm. I tried not to look at her but then she suddenly placed her hand on my right shoulder. I instantly turned my head towards her, our eyes meeting in an abrupt second.

I could feel my body stop working as I gazed into her eyes.

I could see it very clearly in her two huge orbs; she was worried about me.

"You're gonna help me make my happy ending with my sweet Moon Byul Yi."

"Xiu Min?" She tapped my shoulder again when I didn't respond, and so I shaped my lips into a straight line, nodding. "Yeah, I'm fine."

She still had that bothered look on her face, her hand leaving my shoulder and into her bomber's jacket. "Hm..."

"Are you alright?"

She frowned. "Ne?"

"You." I muttered. "Are you okay?"

"Why are you asking me that?" She seemed genuinely puzzled as one of her brow shot upwards.

"I just want to know." I answered without really thinking. "It must be hard on you."

"Dude, just listen to you!" She exclaimed. "I'm absolutely fine! You're the one I'm worried for, Kim Min Seok! Everything seems like a complete mess for you right now, are you really okay?"

Her words managed to make me grin faintly.

"You sound sincere."

"I am being sincere, Kim Min Seok!"

My lips parted when I realised the serious look on her face- almost mad. I found myself staring at her long, taking in the look plastered all over her.

"I'm fine, Moon Byul." I finally replied, a weak curve slowly forming on my dry lips. "Thank you for your concern."

I could see her eyebrows still in a frown as she sighed. "I know everything is confusing right now, but I hope you can trust me through out this whole thing. I'm going to make sure that you'll get the right you deserve and reveal what SME has done."