Chapter 46

The party continued after EXO had performed one of their top songs, followed by their seniors which were TVXQ. The two charismatic men managed to hypnotize everyone with their smooth dance moves, and most of the audience were having a good time; entertainment and food laid upon their very eyes.

But one girl was grasping her gown so hard, it might even rip.

Her chest went up and down, waiting to explode as she realized how much she missed Xiu Min.

"I don't need to hear your answer, yet. But if you think you know how you feel for me, don't hesitate to come to me."

Moon Byul could hear his voice echoing in her head.

"I'll wait for you, but I'll also take my own steps to get to you."

His words...

I hope you don't take another step to me, Xiu Min. This time, it's not because I don't want you to. It's because I don't want you hurt.

This time, let us both stay in our own places.

The second any of us take another step, our lives will never be safe again.

I am your guardian, and protecting you is forever my priority.

No matter how bad it hurts.

-

Moon Byul's P.O.V.

"Now, let us invite our respectful VIPS to join the dance floor." Yoona's voice managed to make me snap out of my inner monologue as I started to notice some people from my table had started to stand up. I blinked in surprise, not knowing what to do when Haneul suddenly extended a hand towards me.

I swear I almost fainted when I saw his face again, but I have spent so much time trying to fake this confidence, I knew I could hold on for another few hours.

Our plan must succeed, that is my goal.

But dancing with Haneul? That was never on my list, and I could literally feel my insides churning to actually dance with the man who almost took my virginity seven years ago. The man who killed my grandmother and burned my house. The man who loved me like crazy, thinking that I loved him too. The man who actually knew me before I even knew him.

I almost failed to hide my nervousness but then Xiu Min's face once again came before my eyes.

My heart banged crazily inside my chest, warning me that if I didn't take his offer, he would grow suspicious and harm Xiu Min.

He could do anything, just don't harm Xiu Min.

In the end, I lifted my shaking hand, and placed it above Haneul's.

His smile creeped the heck out of me, despite looking so decent on his face.

The important people of SME started to surround the middle section that had been emptied for the dance. The lighting of the whole hall suddenly became dimmer, with the chandelier rotating above our heads.

A song started to fill our eardrums.

"A dangerous plan, just this time. A stranger's hand, clutched in mine."

Oh, great. Even the song suited the situation. How more nerve wrecking could it be?

I lowered my head when I suddenly felt Haneul's left hand over my waist, sending a chill down my spine. The other hand grabbed my left hand and stuck his fingers among mine. The others began to dance slowly to the soft song, smiling and looking into their partner's eyes as they enjoyed the sweet lyrics of Tori Kelly's song.