Chapter 22

"What the fck are you doing here, Suga?"

The smirk on his face remained the same, but his eyes turned dark.

"I'm here to answer all your questions, guardian."

"You're kidding me." I spat, still holding onto the door to stop him from entering. Whatever happens, Xiu Min will be my top priority.

Suga took a deep breath, looking a bit hesitant to reply me. He slightly shook his head, which confused me as heck.

What the fck is going on?

"Your agent buddy didn't tell you I was coming? I clearly told him to call you."

I frowned. "What the-"

The call I had a few days ago suddenly replayed in my ears.

"I've already sent an answer for you."

"Hyun Woo?" I widened my eyes, shocked. "How the fck did you get in touch with him? And what the fck is going on?"

"Can't we just talk inside?" He answered with a frown as well, his eyes wearily glancing sideways. "This is too open."

"Hold your horses!" I raised my tone. "Who the heck do you think you are? You're going nowhere near my client! Especially when you're a fcking mad criminal!"

"Pft!" He snickered, and suddenly chuckling. "Gosh, Hyun Woo should've told you more about me before asking me to come myself. It would take ages to convince you about this after all the unpleasant experiences we had before."

I opened my mouth in frustration, ready to lash out at him again but he suddenly took out something from his pocket. I swiftly reached out for my pistol that was hidden behind me, but immediately froze to see what he was holding.

The black cover dropped, revealing a photograph of him with black hair. I was totally stunned, to the point I had to reread the ID again and again until the man laughed to see my reaction.

"Yes, guardian." He smirked at me as I received my mental breakdown.

"My real name is Min Yoongi, and I'm a cop."

-

"What the fck is he doing here?!" Xiu Min's face was pale, terrified when Suga revealed his face and took off his cap. The man snickered again, and went to the end of his bed to inspect Xiu Min's injured ankle.

I sat down beside Xiu Min, still in a mental breakdown. No, it was more like a mental slap to my face. A huge slap, to add!

"Moon Byul? What the fck is he doing here?" Xiu Min exclaimed, his brows furrowed hard as he clutched his blanket higher to his chest. "He's that blackmarket guy, right? The one who tried to kill me?"

"Good memory, bro." Suga commented in a monotone, and went over to the other side of the bed, which made him face to face with me. Xiu Min began to tremble as Suga got nearer, while I just stared at him, not sure whether to be freaking curious or freaking upset.

"Mind telling us how you are a cop?" I went straight to the point, not even minding the startled gasp coming from Xiu Min as I locked my gaze upon Suga's face. "You were clearly doing dirty business every time I met you, so how in the world could you be a cop? Were you undercover? If yes, then why go all the trouble by doing all the dirty work and getting yourself hunted by dangerous people? Plus, made enemies with me?"