Chapter 56

"Okay, first of all, keep calm. How do we keep calm? I have no idea!" Xiu Min exclaimed while ruffling his hair until it became a total mess. I just stood beside him, speechless and anxious.

Clearly, everyone has seen my face online.

I went through the comments, and hell- I'm never going to be safely strolling outside ever again.

What the fck am I going to do?

"Byeol-ah, don't panic! I'll- um, I'll protect you at all costs! I won't let anyone find you!" Xiu Min suddenly ran to me and held my shoulders, his face obviously worried sick.

I looked into his panicked eyes, wondering who was the one acting really panicked right now.

"Min Seok." I placed my palms over his neck, forcing a thin smile. "No one is going to find me. Did you forgot who you girlfriend is?"

His eyebrows furrowed. "But still, now all his fans has seen your face, they'll do anything to find you."

I gulped, knowing how bad the situation had actually become. But no, I won't let him worry about me.

"Hey, relax. I'll find a way to get out of this situation, alright? I'll... go into hiding for a while, or something. I'm sure they won't know where I will be, and soon all of this will fade away."

"What if it doesn't?"

"Listen, even police can't find me when I kidnapped you. How can a bunch of sasaengs find me?"

Xiu Min's expression softened, but worry never left his eyes. He licked his chapped lips and held my head close to his chest, wrapping his arms around me. He sighed as I hugged him back.

"I just don't want to lose you."

My heart instantly dropped.

Lose me?

How far is he thinking? How scared is he to think that I will leave him? How much does he love me to hold me tight like this when it's not really his problem?

Love, something I don't understand but also something I am starting to learn.

"No, Min Seok." I wrapped my hands tighter on his waist. "You will never lose me."

-

Xiu Min's P.O.V.

"Where have you been?" Suho asked the moment I closed the door behind me. I walked into our living room to see him drying his hair with a towel while watching the television.

"Fresh air." I said.

"The whole day?" He didn't turn to look at me, because his eyes were fixed on the news playing on screen.

"Hm." I reluctantly replied, sitting on the sofa beside him who was standing. Then my eyes fell onto the news that he was watching, and I could feel my body stiffened.

An image of Moon Byul and Min Hyuk was displayed, as the reporter began to explain the situation.

"We have no data on who this red dress girl is but from the picture we know that Min Hyuk's fanatic fans would never let this issue slide. Cube Entertainment has not released any statement regarding this controversy but one thing for sure, the girl is not a trainee from the agency. What is making kfans more curious is how similar her face is to the Kpop idol Min Hyuk himself, but there is no proof that Min Hyuk has a younger sister. Reporters are going all out to search for this girl, in hopes of having a clear statement of what their relationship is."

"Woah. Min Hyuk really went too far this time." Suho said, sitting down beside me. "I pity that girl more than him. I hope she knows how to hide or do undercover."

My knuckled turned white as I made fists.

"She does." I answered, and got up to rest on my bed. Well, I'll probably just be more restless.

"Hey! Don't go first! I have something to give you!" Suho called out to me, and I stopped in my tracks.

"Wae?" I lifted a brow, trying to keep calm. Suho walked over to the table near our door, where we put our newly arrived fan letters. He took a separated white envelope and smiled sympathetically at me.

I became even more confused when he handed it to me, and patted my shoulder.

"Congratulations, hyung. It's time."

"What?" I frowned harder, sensing something uncomfortable. He signalled for me to read the envelope and so I did.

My breath stopped to know where it came from.

I looked back up towards Suho, my heart unable to beat steadily.

"No way."

He nodded, biting his lips.

I rounded my eyes, and one person came across my mind.

I looked back at the letter, and my heart broke just a little more.

This is the worst timing of my life.

-

Moon Byul's P.O.V

I looked at myself in the mirror, sighing deeply.

There was a knock at my opened door.

I turned to see Solar, her face just as worried as me. She came over to me, joining me as we both stared into the big mirror.

"You okay there?" She asked, looking at my reflection.

"I guess." I wriggled my brows. "I'm not used to the spotlight but I'm surely the best at hiding myself anyway. You don't need to worry bout that."

"Yeah, but how long are they going to search for you? I heard all the reporters are going crazy to find you." Solar sighed. "Min Hyuk sunbaenim shouldn't have invited you to chat in such a public spot."

"It's not all his fault." I sighed again. "Why is anyone even there to photograph him? Why are idols always stalked?"

"That is how the idol life works, Byul. No idol will be left alone once they show their faces to the world."

"No idol?" I muttered. "Not even Xiu Min?"

"Well... since you've successfully hid him, then he is the exception. But once his fans detect his location again, they'll continue stalking him every now and then. You need to be careful."

"Careful?"

"Hmm... This is hard to say, but idols work a hard way to get to where they are now. One controversy can change all that. I'm just afraid if Xiu Min ends up like Min Hyuk, you know. Being in the front news is horrifying, especially when it's not a good thing."

Her words managed to hit me like a truck as I imagined Xiu Min's tired face.

Imagine everything he has been through to be this successful.

Imagine ruining everything just by letting the world know that you love him.

Imagine seeing him lose everything he has build.

It made me think real hard to myself that whole night as I forced myself to sleep;

Is my love worth his career?

Is our love strong enough to ignore the rules of the world?

And...

Will I ever be okay if one day I actually lose him?

-