Chapter 29

Chanyeol left.

Solar left with him.

So, all that was left in my living room was me and Xiu Min.

Currently, none of us could say anything. He just waited there near the bags of his personal stuff Chanyeol brought while I stood behind the door.

Awk... ward.

I gulped, locking the door as I wrinkled my forehead in full regret. The fact that I looked shabby as heck is another bummer to this awful situation.

I slowly turned my body back to face Xiu Min, who was looking nervous as he didn't dare to look at me again. He looked nicely groomed, unlike the past few weeks when he stayed with me. His hair... it looked like he styled it on purpose. Why would he style it when he's just going to stay with me again?

Did he style it for-

Nah, he must've wanted to regain his idol image. Yeah, right, he's an idol after all.

I cleared my throat, putting up a poker face as I walked towards his bags off stuff, picking them up as Xiu Min watched me silently.

"Follow me." I muttered in a monotone, trying my best to hold myself together as I made my way towards this certain room. It was the only empty room apart from my room, and it has a queen sized bed so he could just stay there.

Oh man, just how long will he be staying here?

I placed the bags in the corner, preparing his blanket and checking the condition of the room. Thank goodness I cleaned it up yesterday along with the whole apartment because I had nothing else to do.

When I was done, I gestured for Xiu Min that was waiting at the door to come in. I took a glance towards his ankle, realizing there was no bandage and it looked better than before. As he turned the wheels of his wheelchair towards the bed, I took the time to examine his bruises on the head and neck. All of them seemed to have gotten better and he didn't look as pale as he normally was in the hospital.

Somehow, it made me sigh in relief.

My sigh must've caught Xiu Min's attention because he turned his head towards me. "Are you alright?"

I froze on the spot, not knowing what to say.

"Erm, yeah, totally."

Damn it, I must've sounded like a nervous kid. Aghhh not in front of him!

Xiu Min pursed a thin smile, turning away. "Thanks for letting me stay here. It feels just like I'm kidnapped all over again."

"You kinda are." I mumbled, rubbing the back of my neck. I paused to feel the length of my hair. Great! Now my hair is growing longer and I look like a homeless person. Just awesome.

"Okay then, get your rest. I'll be in my room if you need me." I was about to escape from being one room with him when he called me name.

"Wait, Byeol!"

I froze again, my heart skipping a beat to hear how he was calling me.

I looked at him. "Ne?"

"Well..." he started to stammer, his face showed that he was a bit hesitant. "Err, I kinda need you now?"

I furrowed my brows. "Huh?"

He lifted his hands, gesturing to the wheelchair and then glancing at his legs. "I want to lie down on the bed, can you... erm, lift me up?"