Chapter 43

Moon Byul's P.O.V

Solar, Whee In and Hwa Sa had stone expressions the moment I told them to sit down in front of me.

Their eyes were all glued to one part of myself, their lips slightly parting in shock.

I crossed my arms, clearing my throat loudly.

"Stop staring. It's not like it's the first time I got a hair cut."

They looked down from my hair to me.

"But that hair cut looks even manlier than before. It's too short, eonnie-ah..." Hwa Sa's brows started to frown as she flipped her long black hair to the back in protest.

I eyed her also new hair, wondering if I saw it wrong.

"Didn't you had shorter hair before? Wasn't it orange?"

"Yeah, why?" She lifted a brow before gasping. "Oh, I'm using hair extensions. And I dyed it back to black for the sake of professionalism, my boss quoted."

"Extensions?" It was my turn to be confused.

"It's fake hair." She raised her hair with her red fingernails. "I felt like styling long hair so I added it, but eonnie, you're just making your hair shorter!"

"I know." I rolled my eyes, leaning back on the sofa.

Solar examined my new haircut. "You really look like Xiu Min though."

His name made my heart clenched again, a heavy breath trying to escape my mouth.

Just his name was enough to make me feel so sad.

It took me a few seconds to control my emotions, gulping. "Yeah, I know."

"Why?" They asked.

I lowered my gaze, putting on my cold face expression when I'm tearing apart on the inside.

"It was the only way I could get out of that room."

They all fell silent.

I'm sure they all knew why I cut my hair again.

Because if I didn't, I would stay trapped in my past memories- chained by the pain and scared to face another day.

For the past seven years, this is how I handled my breakdowns best.

"Now, I know you're all worried." I sighed. "But don't be. It's not the first time I learned how dangerous he could be."

"So what are you going to do now, eonnie? Are you really going to attend the party with him?"

I answered them with a nod.

They sighed together.

"But this is not right, eonnie! That guy made you like this, and we're not letting him do it again!" Whee In protested, frowning as she waved her hands in the air with big movements.

"Who says I'm letting that happen?" I said calmly.

"So... you have a plan?" Solar raised her brows.

"Not yet. But one thing I know, I won't let him do it to me ever again." I gulped, swallowing how burdening my own words were going to be for me.

How can I be sure that he won't do it again?

I stood up, stopping myself from drowning in my own trauma. Seven fcking years is enough.

"Can you call my team and tell them to meet me at Hangout- no, Haneul is a regular there. Meet me here instead."