Chapter 57

I checked myself in the mirror one more time, detecting any parts of my body that wasn't well hidden.

I pulled down my cap, fitting my short hair just right below it. I adjusted the hoodie of my pitch black jacket that rested down my shoulders, my black T-shirt with the caption 'off' was almost totally unseen.

Looking at myself dressing up like this made me feel a few things.

First, I look like a boy- as usual.

Second, I look plain and normal.

Third, I look me.

I have to admit I look nothing close to the person I was the day before, you know- the red dress and high heels. Somehow, it made me breathe a sigh of extreme relief to see myself in black clothing and covered up clothes. I changed myself for the sake of a date for only a day and yet it never felt this good to be back.

A smile crept up my serious face when I thought of Xiu Min.

The fact that I could be myself and be loved by someone felt too good to be true.

"Byullie! It's already 10am, ARE YOU EATING BREAKFAST OR LUNCH?" Solar shrieked from the kitchen, while I just shook my head while chuckling.

"BRUNCH!" I yelled as I walked out of the room towards the kitchen. I spotted Solar right away, making some kind of red drink in a jag.

"Where are the kids?"

"Work, duh. They got jobs, remember?" Solar rolled her eyes as I pulled a seat beside her. "Besides, they're not kids. What? You think we're doing parenting 101 or something?"

"Whatever you say, light from the sun."

"Says the light from the moon."

"What's for breakfast?"

"Anything you see on the table. I was busy just now, on phone with dad."

I furrowed my brows. "The boss? What for?"

Solar shrugged. "He asked me where I was, whether I was with you."

"Hm?" I found her information slightly bothering. "What's the connection with me?"

Solar shoved a glass of red liquid at me, sitting down across me. She sighed, glancing me before taking her own glass.

"I think he's onto something." Solar mumbled. "Something that has to do with what is happening with you now..."

"What do you mean?"

"Hmm... I'm not so sure myself..."

Ding dong!

Solar and I immediately switched glances, somehow getting this feeling who it was. Solar's phone rang right after, and she didn't hesitate to answer it.

"Dad?"

I stood up, making my way towards the door. I didn't even bother listening to Solar's conversation with her dad.

My gut instincts were right when I pulled open the front door to see no one other than the boss himself, with his phone against one ear. When he saw me, he instantly smiled, nodding as he ended his call with Solar.

"Hello, boss." I greeted, bowing slightly and gesturing for him to come in. "Please."

"How have you been doing? I've sort of heard of your current situation." He said directly the moment he stepped in, and made his way to where Solar was.

Solar was surprised to see her dad, her eyes growing large. "Dad, what are you doing here?"

"Well, to make things simple for all of you, I came here to propose."

"Eh?" Both Solar and I asked in shock.

The boss turned his head towards me, a sympathetic smile curved on his lips. "The news is spreading about you, and it's quite dangerous for you to stay here- you and our agency."

His words managed to throw me off guard.

Dangerous for me to stay here?

Does that mean...

"I came to propose to you, Moon Byul. Would you accept my offer of transferring you out of Korea?"

-

Xiu Min's P.O.V.

"Arghhh..." I heavily breathed another sigh as I ran my fingers into my hair. I leaned back on the wall of my bedroom and found myself crumbling down on the floor.

The letter I received has fallen to the floor, and I've read everything thoroughly.

It didn't made sense.

Why now?

Why when I finally found someone I really like?

Why at the time she needs me the most?

I sat down on the floor, staring blankly at my feet. All the other members are having their breakfast outside, and I've asked Sehun to buy me food, pretending that I was not feeling well and stayed inside.

The truth is, I'm still gathering strength to tell Moon Byul about this. Will she be okay without me? Will she wait for me?

But so many bad thoughts consume me as well.

What if we drift away?

What if she forgets about me?

What if she finds another man?

I placed a hand over my chest, grabbing my own shirt as I sobbed. My sobbing was just slow at first, but the feeling was too overwhelming I ended up sobbing wildly onto my knees, hugging my legs tight.

I don't want to lose her.

Just then, as if fate heard me, my new phone started ringing.

It took me a few seconds to wipe away my tears and check who the caller was.

My heart dropped to see 'Byeol'.

My Moon Star is calling me, and I feel nothing but sadness.

With a heavy heart, I cleared my throat and answered the call.

"Byeollie-ah?"

There was a silence at the other end.

"Xiu Min... can we..."

She paused, and somehow it made my heart throb with fear with what she was planning to say.

Is it what I fear the most?

Soon, she chuckled.

"Can we go on another date?"

-