Chapter 17

Xiu Min's P.O.V

She came back.

In other words, she returned as my guardian.

Funny thing is this time, she did not point a gun at me, or knock me out with it too. She didn't even took out her gun, or neither did I spot it as I studied her figure.

The fact she appeared without any violence or harm, was just peculiar for me.

Well, that happens when you spent a week with her and trying not to die along the way, right?

Another thing here is, I've been sitting straight on my bed, my fingers meddling around with my blanket as I pretended to be occupied, when all I wanted to do all day was to stare at her.

The truth is, I couldn't keep my eyes off of her since she walked in. Especially after staring into her eyes so intensely just a while ago.

Instead of being terrified, I felt embarrassed.

Or more like- shy?

Me, Kim Min Seok, the eldest member of EXO, is feeling... shy?

Why?

All because there's a girl alone with me in a locked room.

Woah, woah! I know what you're thinking.

You're shy to be with Moon Byul? The sassy woman that curses a lot and have all the techniques to make you pass out?

How in the world can you be shy of her?

Okay, let me get this straight.

Moon Byul dresses like a complete boy- and when I say complete, I mean complete. She has this boyish haircut that ends around her lower neck, and it suited her strong features and tough facial expressions. Every time she scrunched her nose, it looks so unbelievably alike to a male. Her thick brows were let free, unlike all the girls I've met that made sure every strain of hair on their brows would follow the right shape that they wanted. Moon Byul appears to have a lean body, and since she's always in loose outfits, I've never really figured out how her real body shape looks like. She always have this outer wear outside of her inner shirt, just like how she's putting a thick denim jacket outside of her sweatshirt.

If you don't look close and long enough, you might not notice her real gender at all.

And that always mind blows me.

The most frequent question that comes into my mind is,

Does she really want to be a boy?

Or is it just in her blood?

But that is only until she smiles.

Her smile is priceless.

The way her lips curve into a wider shape was the start of me noticing it.

The way she scrunched her nose while pursing a funny smirk was what made me grew more curious.

Is she truly being herself beneath all that?

Every time I grew curious, the image of her from the other night constantly reminds me to stop being curious.

I could have never expected her to cry in front of me.

Not when all I wanted to know was what made her hide her true self?

If she managed to cry because of my question, then it must've not been her own willing to turn into this. There must be a reason.