Chapter 32

A/N:

Hey! I would like to thank you all for more than 170 votes and almost 2K reads! Though it means little to some people, it means a lot to me and I really appreciate it!

Okay, since we've reached 32 chapters, I would like to interact more with you guys, if you don't mind of course! I'll ask you a question at the end of this chapter! Please do comment after reading! Thanks luvs!

 -

"Any news on your case?" I sat down on the sofa, my phone placed on my right ear.

The sound of Kris sighing on the other side filled my hearing. "Ugh... I'm at a dead end. Suga is officially the officer that is going to investigate on SME, but even he thinks it's going to be a hard battle."

His words eventually made me sigh as well.

"Hm... do you know of a VIP that sponsors anything for SME?"

"VIP sponsors? There's a ton of them, why?"

"A ton?" I was not expecting his answer. "Any sponsors that collaborates projects with SME?"

"What kind of projects?" He sounded confused.

"Um, nevermind." I shook my head, realizing it was just going to confuse him. I better not say anything regarding that man, for now.

"Anyways, mind sending me Suga's contact number? I forgot to ask him the other day, lol."

"Oh, sure."

"By the way, Xiu Min has been discharged and he's currently staying with me."

"Ah... cool. Tell him to get a lot of rest and everything. But... why isn't he going back to SME?"

I sighed again, ruffling my bangs as I lifted both of my feet up to the sofa. I wrapped my free arm over them as I pulled my legs to my chest. "Well, Chanyeol said they have a lot of... what was it called again? Something to do with awards, I guess."

A long 'ah' escaped his lips. "Ah it's that time of  the year where they get awards. I missed those moments. I could've stayed with them if I didn't get abused with drugs."

"Don't worry, Kris, we'll get you the justice you deserve. For now just hold on and don't panic, alright?"

"Alright. Thanks, guardian."

"The name's Moon." I mumbled, before realizing how easily I revealed my name to him. But thankfully I didn't say Byul, so he won't know that I'm a girl.

"Moon? Oh, sounds cool." He chuckled softly. "I won't be coming to Korea for a while, but I'll book a flight the second Suga or you need me for the drug case. There are so many lives in danger, so this is the least I can do for them."

"Wow, did you just received an award? Cause that sounded like a speech." I held in my laughter, teasing him. "If only we know what Luhan is up to- why he disappeared and what is his real motive?"

"Huh. I'm dying to know too. I tried asking some people if they heard of Luhan but all of them said the same thing, he flew to Korea and never came back." Kris paused. "If that is the case, I'm sure he's still in Korea. But I don't have a clue of who he's with or where he is. I just hope he's fine."

The way his tone dropped kind of made me wonder about it for a while.

Here's another pure hearted person.

How could he worry about someone that has a chance to be a big backstabber? How can he hope for Luhan to be fine instead of wanting to punch him in the face for lying and faking the request file? How can he be concern of someone that can possibly hurt him?