Chapter 48

Moon Byul's P.O.V.

"Thanks a lot, Suga. Do call us if you need anything, you know, statements and stuff."

"Sure, thanks for your help too. Make sure the guardian gets her rest... geeeeez, can you believe she was a girl all along?"

"Yeah, we had a hard time believing it too."

"Well, if I didn't see her old picture and her right now, I wouldn't have believed it either."

"Shh, she might be listening!"

Funnily, I was.

And I started to flutter my eyelids open when the blurry images of three figures standing at the foot of my bed came into view. There was Sandeul, Hyun Woo, and the undercover cop who died his hair back to black, Suga. They did not notice me watching as they chuckled at their small conversation.

"Ehem." I had to clear my throat and push myself to sit down to make them notice that I was awake.

"Captain!" Sandeul rushed to my side, sitting on a stool. "Ommo, you're alright!"

"Of course I am, you guys badmouthed me in front of my face, there was no way I wouldn't wake up to kick your freaking asses."

"Ops, my bad." Suga raised both of his hands in the air, before taking a few steps back towards the open exit. "Now, excuse me, guardians. I shall now go do my boring police stuff at the station. If I'm ever going back to my bad guy life, I'll hit you all up."

"Yeah, right." I scoffed as he chuckled and left.

I touched the back of my head with a palm, feeling it subtly aching. Damn, it seemed like I will still get all these panic attacks and black outs. Even with Haneul gone, the fear he gave me has not yet disappeared for good.

Speaking of Haneul...

"He's finally gone now, right?"

Sandeul and Hyun Woo switched glances, and smiled.

"Yes, captain. Geum Haneul is finally gone. Well, not literally. He's just going to have a very bad time in there..." Hyun Woo lifted his shoulders. "Good thing the boss gave us a tip, or we will still be clueless on catching him."

"Great thing his men are just as stupid as him." Sandeul scrunched his face like he was mocking and folded his arms. "They're all with Suga now, captain. He'll do all the legal stuff for us, so you should get a lot of rest."

"Hmm." I sighed, leaning back on my bed as I felt long hair falling from my shoulders. I looked down to see myself still in the red gown and fake hair.

The sight of it made me sigh harder, frustrated.

"Why didn't they change my clothes?" I groaned, rolling my eyes. "Where are the nurses and doctor?"

"They said you just passed out because of too much panic and stress. Drink plenty of water and eat more, they said. Oh, and rest a lot."

"Oh, so helping."

"Well, you should really listen to the advice captain. You've been working non-stop for 39 days since the contract with Luhan. Now, all you have to do is focus on yourself." Hyun Woo said.

"39 days, ei?" I wriggled my brows. "Not even pass the deadline. Boys, you should learn from the captain indeed."

"Hey, we're not guardians like you. Say that to Eric." Sandeul scoffed in protest. "I'm still wondering why I'm involved with this case! I was just going to help Luhan to recover from his drug addiction!"