Chapter 18

Moon Byul's P.O.V

"You're sleeping there? Like seriously?"

I turned back and eyed Xiu Min's baffled expression. "What do you mean?"

"I mean, that's such a small seat!" He gestured towards the maroon couch beside the entrance. I followed his gaze to the couch and shot him another weird look. "So what? It's still a couch, and it looks comfier than that stool you got there." I casually pointed a finger back at the spot I sat earlier.

Xiu Min wriggled his brows, shaking his head. "But still, a girl can't sleep like that!"

His words almost made my eyeballs flew out from its sockets. He did not just refer me as a girl!

"Excuse me? Did you forget something?" I folded my arms, scoffing. "Whatever. I'm tired and I stayed with you the whole day. I even fed you for goodness sake, Xiu Min-ssi. Geez, you should be paying me for this."

"What? Why should I pay you? I didn't hire you for anything, remember? The kidnapping and the care-taking!"

"Aish, shut up already." I rolled my eyes for who knows how many times before laying my butt onto the couch, which was surprisingly squishy.

I can see my future sitting here already. Wait, that sounded weird.

"Anyways, what are your plans?"

"What plans?" I closed my eyes, taking a breath to relax my mind as I slumped down the couch.

"You know, as we wait for Luhan?"

"I don't know, kid." I murmured. "It's the first time I'm not running or chasing anything."

"So... we're just going to wait?"

"Probably."

No answer.

I opened my eyes, curious to see what he was doing. I was expecting him to look bored or exhausted, but instead he was grinning ear to ear as he pulled his blanket higher above his chest.

"You look eager to sleep?"

"Ehehe."

Wait, that sounded extremely off.

"You sound fcking funny!"

"Yah! Stop cursing, this kid is trying to sleep! Wake me up tomorrow or I'll die sleeping too much!"

"Ommo, I think you're becoming like me."

"I took it from my guardian, indeed."

The both of us broke into a subtle laugh, both finding our conversation hilarious as we were practically shouting at each other while lying down like lazy potatoes.

Damn, Luhan's out of reach, SME is still building their drug empire for artists and Xiu Min's probably endangered if they know that he found out about the drugs.

Things are so hectic, but how can we still relax?

Life is so peculiar sometimes.

It didn't took me long before I really ended up sleeping on the couch, my clothes unchanged until the sky brightened.

-