Chapter 20

Xiu Min's P.O.V

"How could she leave me all alone again?" I grumbled as soon as I realized that Moon Byul was gone from the couch.

I couldn't help but to pout my lips, frustrated. I felt even more frustrated by the fact that I'm acting like a kid because of her.

The clock showed something around 9AM, and I knew I should wash up immediately. I was about to press the button to call the nurses when the door suddenly burst opened.

Moon Byul entered, her clothes changed.

I lifted a brow at her while folding my arms.

"Good morning, kid." Moon Byul didn't notice my little rebellion look and just walked straight over to the couch. A medium sized bag was quickly thrown on the couch before she headed back to me.

"Where did you go?" I wriggled my brows. "I thought I told you to wake me up?"

Moon Byul snickered, sitting down beside me as she placed a plastic bag on the bed.

"Hello? I'm talking here."

"Oh, I knew I heard something talking. Sorry." Her answer made me roll my eyes. Damn.

This girl here is really different than all the girls I have met before. No matter how frustrated I am, she remains intact with that sarcastic personality.

But even so, I'm getting used to that.

"Have you washed up?"

"I just woke up."

"Aigoo." She sighed. "Where do you brush your teeth and everything?"

I gestured towards my elevated ankle that was placed on a pillow. "Because of that, I stay here in all conditions."

"Geez. So you just wash up here?" She looked at me. "Where's your toothbrush and cleanser?"

"The nurses usually bring them to me. I guess they put in inside the toilet." I gestured again to the door across the room, where the toilet was. I've only seen the staff come and go there to fetch things for me because I couldn't get them myself.

Moon Byul followed my gaze, and stood up with a sigh.

She sounds tired, I thought.

She managed to enter the toilet, and after a brief minute she was already walking back to my bed with my toothbrush and cleanser. She also had a towel on her left shoulder and a small bowl of water.

"That was fast." I commented as she sat down, placing the items carefully on the table.

"Just as fast as I find my clients." She replied, then she shot me a blank look when I stayed static in my spot. "What are you waiting for? Clean up."

And all of a sudden, I got this brilliant idea.

"Do it for me."

Her dark eyes widened in shock as her brows furrowed deeply. She even scrunched her nose, which made her face muscles obvious.

"Excuse me, Kim Min Seok?"

The way she pronounced my full name made my heart skip a funny beat.

"Clean up for me." I said like it was nothing big. "You're my caretaker, aren't you?"

"Yah! You know that's all for show!"