Chapter 36

A/N:

Insert Xiu Min's song, YOU as the OST as you read this chapter. Just a suggestion :)

Warning: uncomfortable scenes may happen, so if you can't stand it, please don't read. Everything is fictional but I get that real people have real experiences, so if you feel triggered please do not continue. Thank you.

-

"I like you, a lot."

That very moment, my whole world felt like collapsing from pure shock.

Xiu Min still smiled even when I froze as hard as ice in front of him.

"Em... This is probably the perfect timing for you to say something?"

I tried moving my lips, but nothing came out.

I was just honestly too shocked. So many things crossed my mind after hearing what he said.

"Hey, it's okay. You don't have to answer me now." He finally lets go of my shoulders, licking his lips. His behaviour showed that he was nervous too. He started to stand up, looking like he was about to leave my room.

"I better go." He exclaimed, turning around to leave but I quickly grabbed his wrist. The boy immediately froze in his spot, while I widened my eyes in shock of my own reflex actions.

Xiu Min turned around, casting me a startled expression as his mouth parted.

Oh damn. What should I do?

"Stay." I muttered, looking into his eyes even when my heart was banging like crazy against my chest. "Will you stay with me tonight?"

His goldfish eyes grew big, his jaws dropping wider as he stared at me. He looked like his soul just left his body.

"N-ne? You want me to s-stay?"

I bit my lips before nodding.

"It's okay if you don't want to."

"I do!" He abruptly sat down beside me, which startled me but at the same time made me chuckle. My heart was filled with warmness as he grinned back at me, folding his legs like we were about to do some gossiping activity.

I looked at him, my nervousness not as bad as before. Somehow I couldn't look away from his face, and looking at him caused me to unconsciously smile too.

Is this what it feels? Liking someone?

But the thought of Haneul crossed my mind and instantly made my smile fade. My eyes fell from Xiu Min's face to my own hands that were playing nervously with each other.

"Hey, mind if I tell you something?"

"Hm? You can tell me anything."

"Before this, there was another guy that liked me. It was way, way back then, when I wasn't this."

He fell silent, while I still had my head down.

"He liked me, way too much."

I felt a sting in my chest.