Chapter 35

(Virgils POV)

I screamed and almost instantly the thing that held me in place melted away and all that was left was me. I slid onto my knees and pulled Roman into my torso " No, no, no, no, no, God, Roman, please no!" I said frantically and shook him in my arms.

" That pest! I was so close!" Deceit yelled and paced around behind us. I rested my forehead against princey's and let my tears fall like an avalanche. I was breathing like I had just ran an entire marathon.

" Jeez, Virgil, come on, he's clearly gone you pathetic child!" Deceit mocked and grabbed my hood, yanking me away from him. I choked and coughed while he roughly brought me to my feet.

I screamed again and in a fit of insanity. I grabbed the bloodied sword from the ground and tackled deceit to the floor. I pointed it at him and he raised his hands, a terrified look on his face. " AND WHY IS THAT?! YOU DID THIS!" I screamed through tears.

" D-don't be irrational, This wa-" " IRRATIONAL?!" I brought the blade closer to his face. " I LOVED HIM!" Deceit stayed silent. The sword shook in my hands and continued to sob uncontrollably.

" I'm still alive..." I managed to choke out. " Bring Patton and Logan back." Deceit snapped his fingers without hesitation and in front of my stood the two other sides, looking confused as could be.

Patton gasped. " Roman!?" He ran over to him and shook him gently. I bit my lip and breathed in shakily as Patton tried to revive him and I held dee in place. " If you ever hurt any of us again, their won't be mercy." I threw the sword and rolled off him, curling up into a ball and covering my face.

Dee cocked an eyebrow. " You're just gonna... let me go?" I nodded and swallowed the lump in my throat. " But I..." He went quiet. I sniffled and he continued to look at me strangely.

He sighed. " I do too." I peeked through my hands and glared at him. " What?" " I love you too." I rolled my eyes as hard as I could. " You're the worst." " I know... but maybe I can make up for it?" I scoffed and wiped my eyes again. " I doubt it."

Dee stood up slowly and was still for a moment. He walked over to Roman, who was being cradled by Patton. Logan watched him cautiously and shuffled closer to morality. Deceit kneeled down and reached out his hand, but Patton only brought Roman closer to him, his eyes puffy and red. The snake-like-side pleaded with his eyes and Patton loosened up slightly.

He placed his hands over Romans puncture wound and shut his eyes tightly. After a few moments and a thick silence, Romans chest began to rise and fall again. I gaped and stumbled over to them. He was breathing normally again. I beamed and wiped my face again with my sleeve.

" Well, that's the best I've got for redemption." Dee said tiredly and stood up. " Wait, but why?" I grabbed his wrist gently. " Why'd you do it in the first place?" He shrugged. " Maybe I was jealous." He chuckled a little. " Or mad at someone. Something." I nodded slowly. " Well, maybe." " Maybe what?" Dee asked. " Maybe you could be redeemed... someday." He smiled a little and tipped his hat before disappearing from thin air.

I looked back at Roman and took his now warm hand. " It's over. We're okay." I said with a sigh.