Chapter 11

( Virgils POV)

Roman was acting strange. He was hiding something. And I intend to find out what. But, first, my task. Why did Dee need Thomas's subconscious? It was a weird thing to ask for. Like, he didn't want my soul or anything?

It... doesn't matter, I'm doing what I'm told. For Roman. Hah, he's kinda like sleeping beauty, sort of. I shouldn't laugh, this is serious. Ro could get hurt. But I wouldn't let that happen, I would get it from Pat. I don't care what Deceit does with it.

I crept out of my room and peeked around the corner. Patton, and everyone else was in the kitchen. I took in a deep breath and wandered over to them. As I did, the room fell silent. Very silent.

I guess Pat and Lo were expecting us to fight again. But it was sort of normal, a daily thing. I turned to Patton and threw on my best fake smile. " I need Thomas's subconscious." I said quickly.

Roman was first, but everyone gave me a look of shock. " For what?" He asked. I shrugged. " Stuff." Ro still stared at me and I pretended not to notice. Morality shook his head. " No, kiddo. It's important."

I looked him coldly in the eyes and my fake smile faded. So did his real one, his shoulders drooped timidly. I rolled my eyes and turned to go back to my room. I would HAVE to steal it. Easy peesy.

Before I could get their, Roman came up behind me, grabbing my wrist lightly. It made me immediately blush. " Why? Why do you need it?" He asked firmly. By the way he talked, I was sure he knew something. I froze again.