Chapter 9

( Virgils POV)

Roman fainted. He was out cold on the floor. I jumped up from my chair and rushed over to him, kneeling on the floor and pulling him onto my lap. " Roman? Roman!" I shook him softly and he stirred a bit, but his eyes fell shut again. I froze as a hand clasped tightly around my shoulder.

I tried to escape, but I was pulled away from Roman by my hood. " Stop! Dee, let me go!" " Shut your trap!" He commanded and I instinctively fell quiet. " You're going to get me what I need or Roman will remain unconscious until I force you too." He took hold of my hair and harshly yanked. I yelped and hot tears filled my eyes as I bit my lip.

" I need you to steal Thomas's subconscious from Patton. And bring it to me." I shook my head and he pulled harder at my purple locks. " Ahg! F-fine! Just wake him up!" Deceit released me and I covered my head with my arms. I panted and sniffed softly as he strode around the room.

" Don't even think about backing down. I can send him back in a snap." He threatened. I took in a shaky breath and nodded obediently. Deceit smirked and stroked my cheek again before leaving the room.

Roman sat up with a gasp and looked at me confused. I looked back down at him and bit my lip. " Um... you were saying?"