Chapter 20

( Virgils POV)

This wasn't Roman. The person in front of me wasn't Roman. I kept telling myself that over and over again, but I wanted it to be so badly. I wobbled on my legs as he stroked my cheek, threatening to send me to the floor. It wasn't Roman. But it was the closest I had to him.

I broke. I whimpered again and threw my arms around his neck and rested my chin on his shoulder. " I-I love you too..." I said softly and sniffed. " God, I r-really screwed up." I hated myself for holding him. But it felt so right.

I was a little surprised when I felt his arms wrap around me too. A small smile formed on my face. Maybe there was still a little Roman left? I could only hope. " You're the difficult one, Virge." He replied.

I cocked an eyebrow in confusion. " H-how?" I asked. " Well, you aren't really one of us." I felt my heart crack as he said these words. " So, we don't know what to make of you." I shuddered as Roman removed my arms from his neck and held my wrists tightly.

" But deceit will know." My eyes went wide and I tried to pry my hands out of his but was unable to. He chuckled sinisterly and the next thing I knew, I was in the dark side of the mind palace.

Deceit, insanity and denial were all sitting down at a fancy dining table. Dee, at the head, stood up and grinned. " Virgil, Roland, glad you could join us!" I turned to Roland and whimpered again.